Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 04:55 PM

7 posts, read 19,301 times

Advertisements

HI ALL..I AM NOW LIVING IN JACKSON,MS AND RELOCATING IN ABOUT FOUR MONTHS..I LIVED IN ATLANTA FOR ABOUT A YEAR.I LIKED EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS.IM LOOKING FOR ANY INSIGHT ON DALLAS.I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE TWICE AND DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT THE CITY HAS TO OFFER.HAS ANYONE BEEN TO BOTH PLACES THAT CAN GIVE ME A SMALL COMPARISON.ALSO WHERE ARE SOME SAFE SUBURBS OR AREAS SAFE FOR A SINGLE FEMALE IN HER MID 20'S..IM LOOKING TO MOVE TO A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT HAS ACCESS TO SHOPPING,DINING,NITE LIFE,ETC....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:24 PM

362 posts, read 1,719,264 times
Having grown up in MS, I can honestly say that either place will offer better night life, dining, shopping than what you have now. The Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex is quite large and offers lots of places to live. Are you hoping to stay in Dallas proper? Do you have a job already lined up? Traffic can be a bear and we may be able to give you better recommendations based on commute times.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:11 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,801,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSstyle View Post
HI ALL..I AM NOW LIVING IN JACKSON,MS AND RELOCATING IN ABOUT FOUR MONTHS..I LIVED IN ATLANTA FOR ABOUT A YEAR.I LIKED EVERYTHING IT HAD TO OFFER WITH A FEW EXCEPTIONS.IM LOOKING FOR ANY INSIGHT ON DALLAS.I'VE ONLY BEEN HERE TWICE AND DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT THE CITY HAS TO OFFER.HAS ANYONE BEEN TO BOTH PLACES THAT CAN GIVE ME A SMALL COMPARISON.ALSO WHERE ARE SOME SAFE SUBURBS OR AREAS SAFE FOR A SINGLE FEMALE IN HER MID 20'S..IM LOOKING TO MOVE TO A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT HAS ACCESS TO SHOPPING,DINING,NITE LIFE,ETC....
Dallas vs. Atlanta has been discussed here in the Dallas forum several times... here are seven of the most recent previous threads that may answer any/all questions you may have:

Dallas vs Atlanta - Quality of life

Help us make a move...Dallas, Phoenix, Atlanta, maybe San Antonio,

How great are dallas and atlanta?

Dallas versus Atlanta??

Dallas Vs. Atlanta (atypical comparison)

Dallas vs. Atlanta weather

Atlanta to Dallas

Good luck in making the "right" decision for YOU!

Old 10-04-2008, 01:23 PM

64 posts, read 343,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSstyle View Post
I have been to both places. I chose Dallas over Atlanta because the cost of living is cheaper and it has less traffic.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 19,301 times
I havent quite yet decided where i would wanna live.i've heard good things about addison and carrollton.i'm gonna be attending the aveda hair institute that is coming in the next few months and i don't know the exact location.does anyone know the best(and safest)areas to live.?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 AM

5 posts, read 13,876 times
ive been to both and i liked atlanta for the culture and land use, but i chose dallas due its low state income taxes and friendliness of the people and access to the dfw airport.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:42 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
Dallas BABEE!! Hands down--Atlanta was Not for me!!! Not a bad city, but was just not in my leauge. Dallas is totally for me. I feel like home there.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Plenty of people finds reasons to NOT like Dallas. If Atlanta works for you then that might be your better decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas