Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 04:14 PM

16 posts, read 59,851 times

Advertisements

It is kind of like how some people think Garland is all low income, minorities or trailer dwelling hicks yet they have never even been in the city limits except for maybe driving down the highway.

This saddens me. I like diversity and want to be where there is a nice mix of people, minorities included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2007, 04:24 PM

16 posts, read 59,851 times
Default Garland

[quote=nu2dfw;355029]It is kind of like how some people think Garland is all low income, minorities or trailer dwelling hicks yet they have never even been in the city limits except for maybe driving down the highway.

This saddens me. I like diversity and want to be where there is a nice mix of people, minorities included. I do believe there is a mix of professional minorities.

I suppose I have to get used to the "southern" ways again.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:08 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadler1 View Post
Wow - bad rap on McKinney - If it was so bad here, then why is it the FASTEST growing city in America for a city this size? Would it be the golf? Indoor golf coming to town in three weeks.
Do you work for this indoor golf place?

Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
True, 8 posts and all of them about this indoor golf place in Mckinney.

Someone tell me where I can get good brisket in Mckinney. I can't seem to find a barbeque place there to save my life. I end up at the Mckinney Tavern avery time I'm there (great food by the way).

Old 02-12-2007, 09:19 PM

50 posts, read 299,879 times
There's a Sonny Bryans at Virginia and 75. It's ok...

Old 02-21-2007, 11:35 PM

17 posts, read 49,282 times
We are planning to move to Dallas soon.

We will be buying a house and would appreciate recommendations on areas to look into that fit out criteria.

1. We don't want to buy in a cookie cutter housing development. I am looking for an area where the houses look different from each other.
2. We are looking for a property with a lot of trees, so I guess I will be looking at older more mature neighbourhoods.
3. Looking for good elementary schools.
4. Safe and clean neighbourhood. (does not mean upscale neighbourhood)
5. Want to spend maximum $200,000 (if cost is less, would be better) for 4 bed 2 bath.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 10,067 times
Talking Garland Firewheel or Breckenridge?

Thank you Momof2dfw. You are such a valuable resource for us relocators considering DFW Metro. I'm so thankful for this forum!

We're moving from Houston to DFW this summer due to husband's new job in Richardson Telcom Corridor. Heavily considering Firewheel esp from Momof2dfw photos n recommendations, price, location, Garland Magnets, and friendly neighbors! We're planning series of weekends with a realtor and leaning heavily in nor particular order 1) Breckenridge Park-area 2) Firewheel 3) Canyon Creek 4)Reservation area Richardson. Breckenridge is Plano ISD and Firewheel GISD: Our daughter is Houston ISD TAG and I'm so impressed w/GISD Tag programs. How are the middle and high schools in the Firewheel district and also BreckenridgePark Richardson ISD?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:53 PM

2 posts, read 10,560 times
okay maybe i'm just partial b/c i'm from west plano

but honestly west plano sounds like what you're looking for
plano west is a really great school
they have a good football team
and a great drill team :]
the kids are really nice
they only way west plano,
or just plano in general
wouldn't be a good fit is if you don't have money
most of the kids that go to west have designer things and drive REALLY nice cars
like bmws :]
and it can get a little competitive.

but in general west plano has really nice houses, safe neighborhoods and nice people.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:24 PM

4 posts, read 10,067 times
Many of the North Richardson homes I'm looking at are in Plano ISD, some North Plano ISD and some East Plano ISD. I'm really not interested in our daughter driving a bmw and trying to keep up with the rich kids though. Canyon Creek is zoned to excellent schools but some of the middle and high schools seem quite challenging. We also like to be close in and I hear the commute from Plano to DT Dallas can be long if I have to work down there.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Lakewood has rich kids but is egalitarian and close to downtown. See the 'tell me about Lakewood thread'.

If you go to Plano your kid will be one out of 2,000 in the class. Here it's a class of 250.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas