U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 AM

339 posts, read 961,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
For those wanting an easy-on-the-budget, good homestyle meal in a more relaxed atmosphere where no reservations are required, the Black-Eyed Pea restaurants are always open on Thanksgiving, have a great Thanksgiving menu (call for details), along w/their regular menu, and are located all over the metroplex, i.e., Arlington, Dallas, Ft. Worth, Garland, Irving, Mesquite, Plano & Rockwall.

See: Black-eyed Pea : Home
You're darn Skippy! Black-Eyed-Pea really saved the day for me a few years back when I ended up with the flu the night before Thanksgiving. My family didn't feel right leaving me home to keep their fancy dinner reservation, so B-E-P to the rescue. We just ate straight from the Styrofoam, plastic utensils and all. Delish! It turned into one of our most memorable, on-the-fly gatherings and I'm grateful the option is still around for others who might need an affordable, last minute Turkey Day meal. Plus, no kitchen clean up is always a plus.

Also, anyone who is feeling fish-y instead of gobbly, McCormick and Schmicks and Trulucks are open on Thanksgiving too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 10:10 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,520,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacvb1974 View Post
You're darn Skippy! Black-Eyed-Pea really saved the day for me a few years back when I ended up with the flu the night before Thanksgiving. My family didn't feel right leaving me home to keep their fancy dinner reservation, so B-E-P to the rescue. We just ate straight from the Styrofoam, plastic utensils and all. Delish! It turned into one of our most memorable, on-the-fly gatherings and I'm grateful the option is still around for others who might need an affordable, last minute Turkey Day meal. Plus, no kitchen clean up is always a plus.

Also, anyone who is feeling fish-y instead of gobbly, McCormick and Schmicks and Trulucks are open on Thanksgiving too.
LOL!!! I came home from the hospital on Thanksgiving Day w/ baby #2. No family to entertain or go to that day. IT WAS AWESOME! Just the 4 of us. A friend ordered one of those meals and had it waiting at the house for us.

Okay............... McCormick & Schmick. We are going to be in Orlando for Thanksgiving . Again, NO FAMILY but the 4 of us. We have dinner reservations for every night BUT Thanksgiving Day. There is a McCormick & Schmick there but the blirb in the paper says they are having a "traditional Thanksgiving Meal". The price is GREAT (less than most and actually pretty darn cheap). I'm debating between them or another place. Anyone had their Holiday Meals before????? I'm desperate. It is either find a good "normal" Thankgsiving meal (some are WAY over the top and we don't want turkey prepared 30 different ways all rolled into 1) OR fix it myself in a condo OR fix it when we get back home that weekend. I'd MUCH rather let someone else do the cooking

Old 11-24-2008, 03:53 PM

133 posts, read 321,586 times
Default Thanksgiving - where to eat

I'm looking to have a turducken for Thanksgiving. Any restaurants in the area serve them?

Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,879,963 times
Cajun Turkey Co. sells them (Cajun Turkey Co. - Cajun Style Turkeys, Hams, Fried Turkeys, Tur-Duc-Hens, Seafood, Gumbo, Boudin, Ettoufee, Specialty Meats).

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-24-2008 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: repaired link

Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM

4,358 posts, read 5,715,946 times
Another restaurant I just discovered that is open for Thankgiving is the Cracker Barrel Restaurant. It also offers easy-on-the-budget family casual dining, with a great homestyle Thanksgiving menu (eat-in or to-go), along w/their regular menu, and are located all over the metroplex as well, i.e., Arlington (2), Denton, DeSoto, Ft. Worth, Grapevine, Lewisville and Mesquite.

See details at: Cracker Barrel Restaurant

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-09-2011 at 03:39 AM..

Old 11-25-2008, 01:42 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,879,963 times
For a little more upscale dinner, Chamberlain's in Addison is very good and they are serving a special Thanksgiving dinner (Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House). They don't list the price on that link, but the email they sent me lists the price as $40 per person, $15 for children under 12 (with a regular children's menu available).

Old 11-25-2008, 01:47 PM

1,899 posts, read 4,460,034 times
We went to Tanglewood Resort up in Lake Texoma last year. We'll be going there again this year
It was awesome and reasonably priced. You do need reservations.
Welcome to Tanglewood Resort on Lake Texoma - Lake Texoma's Premier Resort

Old 11-25-2008, 02:07 PM

2,257 posts, read 4,183,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
So your looking for a place that does not serve thanksgiving food on thaksgiving? Thats un-american!
Another happy UnAmerican then. I don't like turkey any other day of the year, why should I gorge on it on Thanksgiving?

Old 11-25-2008, 02:09 PM

2,257 posts, read 4,183,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Steak on Thanksgiving? That just doesn't cut it with me. Give me the traditional meal anyday. Turkey, stuffing, cranberries... Yum...

I can have steak any old day.

A traditional Thanksgiving meal is what it's all about.
That's what cracks me up. Everyone makes a big to-do about the traditional turkey dinner. But you can get those puppies (cheaper) year round. Along with all of the other dishes.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM

15,992 posts, read 25,819,846 times
I'm thinking of going off-tradition and making Wyatt's Baked Eggplant - Ashbury's Aubergines Eggplant Recipes instead of dressing as the friend who is hosting us always has an aunt who brings lousy dressing (wet and gooey). OK is that sort of restaurant-related?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas