Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 12:49 PM

2 posts, read 20,863 times

Advertisements

hello,
we will planing to move in Irving or Plano. I am looking for good neighborhood, cheapest apartment, good school, college or university, and good jobs, also area closest to Muslim masjid. please advised which area is best for us. My dad is looking for job, where no beer is selling.Also please advised which college is best for Accounting and engineering in Plano or Irving.
PLEASE ADVISED. i WILL BE VERY APPRECIATED.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2008, 01:27 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,249,908 times
There is a Masjid in the city of Richardson and there is a big muslim presence in Richardson. Also many stores that sell only hallal food.

IANT | Main

There is UTD in Richardson The University of Texas at Dallas Home Page and a community college Richland College of the Dallas County Community College District May be someone will chime in as to the best one for accounting.

There are many apartments around the Richland college too.

Naima

Old 11-23-2008, 01:32 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,237,306 times
I would suggest Plano, it is the nicer of the two area. Richardson and Plano both have a good sized Muslim community, and there is a large mosque in Richardson. There is a Halal market in Richardson where you dad might work, the city of Mesquite is does not sell alcohol in its stores so he could check for a job there. Also there is a chain called Brookshires, I believe they do not sell alcohol. There are many colleges in the area. UTD would be your best bet if you live in Plano.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 AM

29 posts, read 84,780 times
There is a mosque in Irving near Estes and Airport Freeway. Nicer homes are north of Northgate, about a mile further north...

Old 06-20-2012, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 14,420 times
Can anyone plz tell me which area is good to move in dallas. I am moving from new york to texas . Any muslim and good community if any. I didnt have any problem what so ever in nyc. Can anyone plz tell me which area is good toove where there r majority of muslims and also where some afghans live there tooo . Thanxzz

Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,726,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc4ever View Post
Can anyone plz tell me which area is good to move in dallas. I am moving from new york to texas . Any muslim and good community if any. I didnt have any problem what so ever in nyc. Can anyone plz tell me which area is good toove where there r majority of muslims and also where some afghans live there tooo . Thanxzz
The highest Muslim concentrations tend to be in Richardson, North Plano, West Allen, and Central/North Irving. I would suggest looking inside on of those communities. I live in North Plano and there are two mosques within a mile radius of my home. Lots of Halal options for eating as well.

Old 06-21-2012, 02:41 PM

472 posts, read 1,097,099 times
I know you're looking for the Irving / Plano / Richardson area but UTA has a pretty large Muslim student body.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:57 PM

6 posts, read 22,768 times
hi we are moving in texas plano frisco rishardson in june 1st can nay body tell me the good appartments name for a msulim family

Old 04-30-2017, 08:44 AM

3,678 posts, read 4,170,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saba touqeer View Post
hi we are moving in texas plano frisco rishardson in june 1st can nay body tell me the good appartments name for a msulim family
I guess it would depend upon your budget and your work location.

Old 04-30-2017, 11:26 AM

6 posts, read 22,768 times
we can stay any where in plano and our budget is maximum 830
and by the way thanx for reply i appreciate it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: