Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2006, 03:20 PM

3 posts, read 6,860 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have recently made the very important decision to re-locate to Dallas to attend 'The Potters House' TD Jakes Church.
We are from the United Kingdom so it is a big move for us. We have our own Music Company 'Beracah Music International' and desire to be part of Bishop Jakes church as we have partnered with him for years.

We are in desperate need of finding the best Home Rental Agencies that can point us to the best area's to live in or near Dallas. We have two girls, 5 & 13so good schools are of paramount importance.
If anyone could tell us of the areas to definitely avoid and the best areas with little or no crime we would greatly appreciate this.
Thank you,

Velveta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2006, 04:25 PM

702 posts, read 2,722,310 times
Try living in North Oak Cliff.. lots of gorgeous homes that aren't too far from the Potter's House. You'd have to send your girls to a private school though because the area served by the Dallas School District.

You should also take a look into the Park Cities (Highland Park and University Park). Highland Park is our Beverly Hills and the public schools there are outstanding and competitive. I know there's a sizeable Brit community in the M-streets of northeast Dallas but the homes are on the smaller side but still very nice.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:12 AM

Thanks Texan#1, that is very, very helpfull.

Velveta

Old 06-14-2006, 02:47 PM

^ no problem! feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Old 06-16-2006, 11:23 AM

Default Best hotels

Hi Texan #1,

We are looking to come and have a feel of Dallas for two weeks in July/August. Could you let me know the best hotels near to Potters House. Also do you actually know anyone who attends the church as we are trying to hook up with other musicians/singers that attend or take part in the worship team at The Potters House. Thank you for your help so far, being so far away it is great having this forum.

Blessings.
Velveta

Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 AM

First and foremost let me warn you that it will be hot in Dallas when you visit so be prepared! I've only attended the Potter's House once so I really can't tell you who attends and I don't really think there are hotels near the Potter's House. The area seems very rural as there are many open fields all around the church. I suggest you look into hotels in Dallas in or around downtown or maybe even Arlington.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Velvetta, I forgot to tell you look up link removed for information on the neighborhoods I mentioned earlier. Just go to 'Area Information'

Old 06-19-2006, 09:34 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,653,319 times
Hey Velvetta, I use to live down the street from the Potters House. I actually lived over in Thoroughbred Hills in Duncanville. My daughter attended a private elementary school directly behind the Potter's House at DBU. My mom knows the hispanic pastor there pretty well. His wife came and spent a few days at my mothers home in Belize some years ago. That is my only connection. I have been given a tour of the facility and it is very huge and beautiful too. The Grady Niblo area is very close and has some nice neighborhoods that way, which I lived about a mile from. I would private school or home school if you are living on that part of town. Duncanville has good ratings on the surface but they are known to have problems and their teachers and policies can be very mean to students. I have had friends who have had to put up with the system there. I THINK that TD JAKES has a private school. You should look into it. The private school my daughter attends no longer exist but there is Ovilla Christian and Canterbury in DeSoto that have good reputations.
Oh Desoto is a nice area to live in, Everything west of Hamptom over there is good and Cedar Hill has some nice homes too for sale. I wish the schools would have been better for us, that is the only thing about that part of town I did not care for other than that, we loved it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas