U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-20-2009, 02:54 PM

636 posts, read 1,172,171 times
Quote:
I was only saying my opinion.....you can get off your horse now.
Well, no, you weren't. You were telling me I haven't been to Aldi in a long time. Then you told me when I could make a judgement.

One statement was made from ignorance, both were made from malice. Neither were opinions. Who's on the horse here?

Quote:
Have you ever thought that I was merely stating my difference of opinion? Hey newsflash....not EVERYONE agress with you!
Perhaps you can show me where I stated everyone should agree with me? Perhaps you can point to the comment that I made regarding you not having the right to an opinion? I merely commented that Aldi sucks, and refuted your baseless comments about when I've been in one and when I could make judgements. I presented facts, and I presented examples from here on C-D. I'm sorry if it strikes a nerve, but "I was merely stating my difference of opinion"... as I begin to chuckle a little under my breath.

Quote:
Aldi has saved this big family a lot of money....and I don't need all the frills to go along with my grocery bill....and it has been real nice to save somewhere.
And I'm certain Aldi is just a real good store for you...

Quote:
Oh and why I asked where they had built? You think maybe I could be from another state? I was just asking! There is a possibility of a job transfer for myself, not that you need to inquire to see if your smarter than me.
Huh?! Surely you can do better than that... So Aldi keeps it's store locations secret from its employees? Now I'm laughing pretty hard... Let's see: joined Feb2009, 2 posts, both just coincidentally about Aldi, in an obscure Texas thread when they're supposedly "from another state", asking where they've built, yet husband works for them????. Maybe time to compare IP addresses from members. I smell multiple personality here... I suggest starting with Aldi posts...Perhaps in the Tennessee forum...

Pot, kettle? No, don't flatter yourself. There's no comparison. I presented posts that included opinions, facts, and examples. You merely hurled invective; and little of it even made sense. If you feel like you need to refute a post that someone makes, I would suggest that you at least do it in a logical and coherent manner.

I would also suggest you pay a little more attention to chronology; it was you who decided to jump in on my post and tell me I haven't been to an Aldi "in a LONG time", and tell me when I can make a judgement. So please, spare me, and don't act like you're the victim here.

Last edited by tycobb2522; 02-20-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-08-2009, 10:31 AM

59 posts, read 159,396 times
Save-A-Lot, Aldi heat up grocery competition in Dallas | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/060609dnbussavealot.4eb655dc.html - broken link)
Here’s Aldi’s updated store list.

Dallas: 2926 S. Buckner Blvd. (new construction)

Dallas: 8034 Chrysalis Drive (new construction)

Dallas: Forest Lane and Audelia Road (former Albertson's)

Dallas: 4100 block of Gaston Road (new construction)

Dallas: 2440 W. Illinois Ave. (former Minyard's)

Dallas: 13548 Preston Road (former DSW Shoe Warehouse)

Frisco: 6951 Preston Road, Suite 100 (former Albertson's)

Garland: Buckingham Road and North Garland Road (existing building)

Garland: Northwest Highway and Jackson Drive (new construction)

Mesquite: 3635 Gus Thomasson Road (former Save-A-Lot)

Pantego: Bowen Road and Park Row Drive (existing store)

Plano: Park Boulevard and Avenue K (existing store)

Richardson: East Belt Line Road and Plano Road (new construction)

Rowlett: Rowlett Road and State Highway 66 (former Brookshire's)
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research, Aldi Inc

Unread 06-08-2009, 12:35 PM

2,460 posts, read 3,119,476 times
Yeah the Rowlett one~ remodeling was going on for months and months. Then one day the local paper reported what was going there this summer of 2009. Then about one month after reading it in the paper the construction stopped and the flags on the building were taken down. So I figured they decided not to open after all. Big Lots has since move into the old Albertsons building and is due to open any time now!!

Unread 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM

45,827 posts, read 34,413,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlinagirlntx View Post
Save-A-Lot, Aldi heat up grocery competition in Dallas | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Dallas Business News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/060609dnbussavealot.4eb655dc.html - broken link)
Here’s Aldi’s updated store list.

Dallas: 2926 S. Buckner Blvd. (new construction)

Dallas: 8034 Chrysalis Drive (new construction)

Dallas: Forest Lane and Audelia Road (former Albertson's)

Dallas: 4100 block of Gaston Road (new construction)

Dallas: 2440 W. Illinois Ave. (former Minyard's)

Dallas: 13548 Preston Road (former DSW Shoe Warehouse)

Frisco: 6951 Preston Road, Suite 100 (former Albertson's)

Garland: Buckingham Road and North Garland Road (existing building)

Garland: Northwest Highway and Jackson Drive (new construction)

Mesquite: 3635 Gus Thomasson Road (former Save-A-Lot)

Pantego: Bowen Road and Park Row Drive (existing store)

Plano: Park Boulevard and Avenue K (existing store)

Richardson: East Belt Line Road and Plano Road (new construction)

Rowlett: Rowlett Road and State Highway 66 (former Brookshire's)
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News research, Aldi Inc
wow, they are doing it big time huh? I do notice they are not planning on the western part of the metro-plex, mostly east and only one in Plano and one in Frisco. That seems interesting???

Unread 06-09-2009, 08:06 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,846,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
wow, they are doing it big time huh? I do notice they are not planning on the western part of the metro-plex, mostly east and only one in Plano and one in Frisco. That seems interesting???
German grocer Aldi secures eight Fort Worth area sites

They plan on opening at least eight stores in Tarrant County. The locations are:

Fort Worth: 9660 Legacy Drive
Fort Worth: 5617 Hulen Street
Fort Worth: 5748 N. Tarrant Parkway
Fort Worth: Sycamore School Road and McCart Avenue
White Settlement: 700 Alta Mere Drive
Pantego: 2417 W. Park Row Drive
Hurst: Precinct Line and Harwood Roads
Euless: 1201 W. Airport Freeway

With all of the store sites being announced, I find it surprising that aren't planning on opening a single store in any of the suburbs of southwestern Dallas/northern Ellis counties.

Last edited by Acntx; 06-09-2009 at 08:15 AM..

Unread 06-09-2009, 08:34 AM

1,772 posts, read 2,191,306 times
Default About Aldi

I would shop there ocassionallly in Atlanta.

Don't expect ANYTHING fancy about these stores. They are bare bones, small stores, low prices, brands you've never heard of before, bring your own bags.

They're the anti Central Market and Whole Foods.

Unread 06-09-2009, 09:34 AM

45,827 posts, read 34,413,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post

Don't expect ANYTHING fancy about these stores. They are bare bones, small stores, low prices, brands you've never heard of before, bring your own bags.

Agree, we have one here in Benton county and it isn't all that special, but they do have super cheap prices. I wonder if they have targeted those certain areas because of their market. People who love places like Whole Foods, Sprouts etc would not be impressed with Aldi I don't think. Now, Trader Joes, that would be a whole different story.

Nita

Unread 06-09-2009, 08:12 PM

189 posts, read 323,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post

Yes, but when you've been laid off and have to begin economizing (like I have), those prices sure look good!

Unread 06-09-2009, 10:22 PM

83 posts, read 123,192 times
I would love it if Trader Joe's opened up in the DFW area. Here in Albuquerque, we only shop there and at Whole Foods. Sometimes we pick stuff up from Costco when the price is good.

Unread 06-09-2009, 10:32 PM

2,441 posts, read 3,567,691 times
Aldi is NOT a gourmet grocery store. Aldi makes Piggly Wiggly look like Whole Foods. The store sells a bunch of off-brand foods in dented cans. I guess in this day in age with torn up clothes being fashionable, everyone is going for the "destroyed" look. Anyway, Aldi has locations in the most rural of rural areas of the Northeast that are NOWHERE remotely close to a Trader Joe's.

It's extremely odd that there are no TJ's in Texas. There are multiple Trader Joe's locations in Albuquerque and Tucson respectively, but none in Dallas or Houston. I think part of the reason is tied to Whole Foods being headquarted in Austin. I know that there are also several similar chains throughout Texas.

As for In-N-Out coming to Texas. Likely not going to happen. In-N-Out will not expand more than a days drive from their processing plants in Southern California. I know that the chain is expanding into the Salt Lake City area, but Salt Lake City is a lot closer to Southern California than most of the heavily populated areas of Texas. If the chain ever does come to Texas, it would most likely set up shop in El Paso first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas