Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,208 times

Advertisements

Everyone down in Central Texas says that folks in DFW people are rude and unfriendly. Where does that come from? Every time I am up in the Metroplex everyone is exceedingly nice and friendly. I know everyone's opinions are based on persional experience, but I never had a personal experience so strikingly opposite to what I hear from everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
lol I know. Dallas is pretty friendly. When I lived in Austin for one year practically everybody I met acted like they had something up their rear end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Everyone down in Central Texas says that folks in DFW people are rude and unfriendly. Where does that come from? Every time I am up in the Metroplex everyone is exceedingly nice and friendly. I know everyone's opinions are based on persional experience, but I never had a personal experience so strikingly opposite to what I hear from everyone else.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,208 times
I didn't say I thought people in Central Texas were any less friendly.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:25 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
I would say that Texas in general, is a friendly place, but that doesn't mean there aren't rude people around.

Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM

6,818 posts, read 14,029,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
i would say that texas in general, is a friendly place, but that doesn't mean there aren't rude people around.

+1

Old 01-06-2009, 06:20 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,067,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
I wouldn't put too much faith in what Central Texas says about DFW.

Old 01-06-2009, 06:51 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,021 times
I've seen many rude people here, but there's also alot more people than where I moved from. I wouldn't say its much worse though. I would say there's alot more inconsiderate people here though.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:01 PM

615 posts, read 1,374,943 times
Thumbs down Dallas people are viewed negatively by 49% of respondents in national survey of employees and business leaders

According to this article on Yahoo! Real Estate (http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/americas-most-and-least-favorite-cities.html - broken link), Dallas is ranked as the ninth-worst city in its list of "Worst Cities to Work and Live." These results were derived from a survey completed in mid 2008 by about 2,500 employees and entrepreneurs across the country. The top negative attributes of Dallas cited by survey participants were the people of Dallas — their backgrounds, talents, and perspectives, according to nearly half (49%) of the survey respondents.

Therefore, the perception that Dallas people are rude is likely to be correct, based on the opinions of people throughout the USA.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:41 PM

681 posts, read 2,359,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpointer View Post
According to this article on Yahoo! Real Estate (http://promo.realestate.yahoo.com/americas-most-and-least-favorite-cities.html - broken link), Dallas is ranked as the ninth-worst city in its list of "Worst Cities to Work and Live." These results were derived from a survey completed in mid 2008 by about 2,500 employees and entrepreneurs across the country. The top negative attributes of Dallas cited by survey participants were the people of Dallas — their backgrounds, talents, and perspectives, according to nearly half (49%) of the survey respondents.

Therefore, the perception that Dallas people are rude is likely to be correct, based on the opinions of people throughout the USA.
This was a perception survey. If I were were quizzed on 40 different large cities, as the participants were, I can't be expected to accurately assess each and every city. But it's interesting how people perceive Dallas. They sure don't know what they're missing!

"The respondents were asked about 40 large cities. The questions asked were "Imagine you were offered your dream job that required you to relocate. Which region in the following list would you be most likely to choose? … and which city region … would you be least likely to choose?" "

Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM

184 posts, read 551,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittySkyfish View Post
This was a perception survey. If I were were quizzed on 40 different large cities, as the participants were, I can't be expected to accurately assess each and every city. But it's interesting how people perceive Dallas. They sure don't know what they're missing!

"The respondents were asked about 40 large cities. The questions asked were "Imagine you were offered your dream job that required you to relocate. Which region in the following list would you be most likely to choose? … and which city region … would you be least likely to choose?" "
Yet when Texans assert that New Yorkers are rude or that the French are a*s holes they know what they are talking about and are 100% correct, right?

I agree that people's perceptions are usually off the mark. What I never stood for was the Texan hypocrisy of slamming everybody in the country,and indeed the world only to get super-uber defensive when the finger turned around on them.

And oh how Texans love to go on and on about how horrible those "Yankees" are and how much of a disgrace the French are to humanity.

Doesn't feel so good when you are on the receiving end of such statements, does it? I am speaking to all the Texans out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas