Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:14 AM

1 posts, read 6,485 times

Advertisements

I am from Atlanta and we had team trivia and I am looking for something very similar. I don't like doing the video screens, but the live DJ with the little papers and teams are perfect. I live in the Frisco area near shops at legacy and I want an easy commute with good trivia.

Thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:33 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,254,649 times
I have never seen that here. I'm only familiar with the Buzztime trivia in sports bars... I'll keep an eye on this thread... humm.

Naima

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,480,689 times
I heard the Tipperary has trivia, but far away from where you are looking.
Tipperary Inn Irish Pub & Restaurant Dallas TX

Old 04-20-2009, 12:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,204 times
If it was Atlanta, you are probably thinking of JAMMIN' Trivia. It is here in Denver, they have places all across the US. the site is jammintrivia.com

Old 04-20-2009, 10:42 AM

133 posts, read 514,304 times
Try Sherlock's in Addison (closest to you), Arlington or Dallas off 75 on Wednesdays. They have trivia that starts somewhere around 7pm. There are big beer specials that night, too. You can't have a team larger than 6 and NO CHEATING, which includes cell phones. It's pretty fun at the Dallas location. I've never been to trivia at the other ones but I would assume it's the same.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:35 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Yeah the Tipp's contest is pretty famous and some of the local writes show up for it...but you are too far out to go to that..

Old 04-20-2009, 08:19 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Trinity Hall in Mockingbird Station also has team trivia on Sunday nights. It's very fun! But, alas, not close to Frisco...

Old 04-22-2009, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 6,121 times
If you go to stumptrivia.com they have one bar in lewisville that does live trivia. It is at the fox and hound off stemmons freeway. I have never been, but plan on going since I recently was in Boston and experienced live trivia at a bar for the first time. I looked up the website and it lists off bars and states their services are used.

Old 05-11-2009, 01:58 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,000 times
>> Yeah the Tipp's contest is pretty famous and some of the local writes show up for it>>

Looks like that's no longer an option ... Dallas Food and Wine Blog, Restaurant News, Foodie News, Dallas Chefs, Wine and Spirits SideDish Blog D Magazine » Blog Archive » Let’s Not Shed a Tear For The Tipp

>>Since I tweeted this news over the weekend, and since I have a lot of experience at The Tipperary Inn (trivia on Tuesday nights, a number of times I’ve wandered in next door from the The Wine Therapist or from The Lakewood Landing across the street), I feel I should say something we’re ignoring. Not to junk-kick the owners when they’re down, but, well, here comes the junk kick.
The Tipp sucked. When they re-opened the space years ago, they spent a lot of money trying to recreate the “feel” of a pub without investing anything in the elements of a pub that matter. The bartenders and waitresses were (for the most part) surly and unhelpful, the food was awful, and the drinks were overpriced. The back room, with its big TVs and slapdash sports-bar vibe, was like someone’s poorly designed basement playroom.
Compare The Tipp to a place like the Old Monk. The waitresses are wonderful, the bartenders professional, the music great but not overbearing. It feels like home. The Tipp always felt like a great house that someone bought and then neglected, watching it slowly decay. The economy isn’t what is killing it. The Monk is doing bang-up business. The guys from Bolsa told me yesterday that business is booming. Why? These places have owners who are invested in making their space feel welcoming, serving great food, and providing top-notch service. The Tipp wasn’t. That’s why it is going away. Let’s not kid ourselves.<<

Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM

81 posts, read 236,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGotPaid95 View Post
I am from Atlanta and we had team trivia and I am looking for something very similar. I don't like doing the video screens, but the live DJ with the little papers and teams are perfect. I live in the Frisco area near shops at legacy and I want an easy commute with good trivia.

Thanks for the help!
The Flying Saucer has the live DJ/paper trivia you're looking for in Addison. SW corner of Belt Line & Montfort, just East of The Tollroad.

I believe its Tuesday or Wednesday that they do the trivia. And, if you haven't been, they have just shy of one million beers on tap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas