Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Oh gawd, gimme a break. Unless your guests are disabled, I don't see how this is even close to being an issue. Frankly, most people could use the exercise.
It's just simple courtesy to extend to your neighbors. On occasion, when someone on the street is having a party, then I have no problem with a car being parked in front of my house. It's only there for a short time. But when it's a chronic situation (especially when they can be parking in front of their OWN house) I take exception to that, as do most reasonable people.

If it doesn't bother you, are we to assume that you are one of the annoying neighbors who routinely pulls this crap on your neighbors?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:06 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
It's just simple courtesy to extend to your neighbors. On occasion, when someone on the street is having a party, then I have no problem with a car being parked in front of my house. It's only there for a short time. But when it's a chronic situation (especially when they can be parking in front of their OWN house) I take exception to that, as do most reasonable people.

If it doesn't bother you, are we to assume that you are one of the annoying neighbors who routinely pulls this crap on your neighbors?
You assume too much. You know what you get when you assume.

I have a garage. I park my car there. Like a normal person.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:10 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
Quote:

This normal person parks on her driveway.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
This normal person parks on her driveway.

Long as you're not parking in front of MckinneyOwnr's house, I think everything's cool.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:

You roll your eyes too much. You may not think it's an issue, but other people do. Being unwilling to concede that is making you look foolish.

A friend of mine just bought a home in Plano not too long ago, and they were in the same boat I was in, they moved crosscountry and sold most of their furniture and things before they left. Consequently, she's bought all new furniture, a few appliances, patio furniture... Point being, there's been a delivery truck making the rounds to her house about every week or so. On some of those occasions, her neighbors kids have had their cars and their friends cars parked in front of her house, making it difficult to move her stuff in. It's happened at least 3 times that I know of, and every time she has to run over there, tell them to move the cars, wait for them to find the keys (kids!) and clear the way for the movers.

So, before you type out that it isn't a big deal to YOU, think about what other people have going on in their lives and be courteous to your neighbors. If it's a chronic thing, no one should park in front of someone else's house.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:29 PM

621 posts, read 1,332,699 times
Well if they are blocking your mail delivery, you need to call the postmaster

Old 08-26-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
You roll your eyes too much. You may not think it's an issue, but other people do. Being unwilling to concede that is making you look foolish.

A friend of mine just bought a home in Plano not too long ago, and they were in the same boat I was in, they moved crosscountry and sold most of their furniture and things before they left. Consequently, she's bought all new furniture, a few appliances, patio furniture... Point being, there's been a delivery truck making the rounds to her house about every week or so. On some of those occasions, her neighbors kids have had their cars and their friends cars parked in front of her house, making it difficult to move her stuff in. It's happened at least 3 times that I know of, and every time she has to run over there, tell them to move the cars, wait for them to find the keys (kids!) and clear the way for the movers.

So, before you type out that it isn't a big deal to YOU, think about what other people have going on in their lives and be courteous to your neighbors. If it's a chronic thing, no one should park in front of someone else's house.
http://forum.ntreev.net/pangya/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/10/0207.waaaambulance2328.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
Well if they are blocking your mail delivery, you need to call the postmaster
This. Otherwise, remove stick from posterior.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:17 AM

Well, if anything, this thread has shown why you are sitting there posting alone on a computer on a Fri night.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:35 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,223,464 times
Quote:

Courtesy would be going to the neighbors houses, ringing the bell and saying, "Hi, my name is ___________ we just moved here and are going to have a metric butt load of deliveries in the next few days. Would you be open to allowing the section of street in front of our house to be clear so the trucks are able to park there? Thanks so much."

Old 08-27-2011, 07:39 AM

If having to ask permission to park in front of your own house is acceptable to you, then that is your choice. It would not be to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas