Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
What do you think, Cupcake? Does Ramsey Lewis bore you? How about All Jarreau? Leave you in a blue funk of ennui, does he?

Yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 11:31 AM

2,231 posts, read 6,068,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Because you are living in the city, maybe that's why? Not even in NY city do you have to drive on the freeway if you live in the city. Although Dallas is a far cry from living in NY city. Dallas is not a city I want to live in, the natives do, which I can understand, since the further out you go, it gets more redneck, so maybe they feel like big city folk or something.

The problem, it's so spread out, just to do simple things you have to add in 30 - 60 minutes to any place you travel because you have to jump on the highway.

San Francisco would be nice, LA and NY city are the only cities I would consider living in, unfortunaly, Dallas is the only affordable one.
You think that 30 minutes in Los Angeles is out of the question?

Your opinion is out of the question.

As far as NYC, if you spend 30-60 minutes on the subway, that's par for the course.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
You think that 30 minutes in Los Angeles is out of the question?

Your opinion is out of the question.
If I am so disagreeable and unreasonable, then there are a lot of people who are also on this site because apparently more people agree with me vs you by judging rep points / posts = ratio.

You spend too much time trying to convince people, when in fact you are really trying to convince yourself. Because you will never convince me or anyone else who doesn't like Dallas that it's a great place to live. We all have a different idea what makes a great city.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:44 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
However, you don't even live in Dallas, Cupcake.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 AM

Quote:
If I am so disagreeable and unreasonable, then there are a lot of people who are also on this site because apparently more people agree with me vs you by judging rep points / posts = ratio.
No. You are just monopolizing the crackpot vote. You're the only one they can vote for, whereas there are hundreds of posters on this forum that like the metro well enough. They split the voter support from those who do not have neurotic maladjustment problems.

Quote:
You spend too much time trying to convince people, when in fact you are really trying to convince yourself. Because you will never convince me or anyone else who doesn't like Dallas that it's a great place to live. We all have a different idea what makes a great city.
I'm not interested in trying to convince you of anything, I don't really care how unhappy or unadjusted you are with Dallas or anything else. I'm showing everyone that your views are not particularly relevant to the experience of the vast majority. You get to post your opinion, and I get to post a more convincing one that invalidates yours and puts it into context.

Why am I so convincing? Because I'm not talking about my feelings... I'm talking about the city.

Last edited by aceplace; 11-10-2009 at 09:11 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:30 AM

yay for the crackpots of CD!! I love you all, I love you too Ace.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:09 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times

Old 11-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
yay for the crackpots of CD!! I love you all, I love you too Ace.
You'd make a good politician, cup .. You understand your base of support.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 AM

22 posts, read 66,283 times
@ Grindin.....LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 11-11-2009, 09:23 AM

22 posts, read 66,283 times
Dallas has fun things that we on the East coast seem to have never thought of. I live in Baltimore and am considering moving to Dallas and it's not as GOD forsaken as some make it sound. I spent Halloween weekend in Dallas and learned that Dallas has things called haunted theme parks. It was out in a very spooky cornfield, with several haunted houses and attractions. The workers at the park dressed and played their parts extremely well(I got chased several times thru the park by scary looking characters). I have to say I had never experienced anything like that and it was the most fun I've ever had on halloween in all of my 30 years. Even the bowling alleys and movie theatres are set up extra snazzy! The movie theatre I went to was like a restaurant where you order MEALS (not popcorn and candy) while you watch the movie. No city is perfect. Example: I visit NY about twice a month. Very hip and vibrant place. But it's also dirty, crowded, and super expensive. My best friend pays $1400 per month for a tiny 2 BR apartment in a dingy building with no elevator. So if you live on the higher floors you are taking the stairs...always! There are no amenities included like a pool, fitness room, club house...Nothing. And the parking....that's a whole new issue in itself! So there are things about Dallas that NY can't hold a candle to and vice versa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas