Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:45 PM

983 posts, read 4,434,406 times

Advertisements

I LOVE The First 48! The only reality show with some real substance. As I watched last night I said "they sure do show DPD in almost every episode now. But when the show first started it was mainly showing Miami PD. You have to really be desensitized to watch this show. Because it is real murders, real homicide detectives and real bloody crime scenes. The saddest part is when they notify family members of the murders.
Last night's show was in South Oak Cliff at a birthday party where this punk opened up outside with an AK 47 and killed a 15 yr old female honor student who attended with a friend. Funny during the interrogation he wanted to talk about his baby turning 5 mos old just yesterday and how he has messed up. Well the 15 yr old won't be turning 16 at all!!

And as far as them airing Dallas I think it's up to the Police Chief or agency to allow the cameras to follow them so some cities may not agree to it. Maybe Memphis and Dallas are the easiest to work with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 03:03 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,749,451 times
The only cities I've seen them are are:
Dallas
Miami
Memphis
Phoenix
Cincinnati
Kansas City

Can't think of any other city they have shown. So it may seem like there is a lot of murders in Dallas but when they only "spotlight" 6 cities total...... it makes it seem a little more in prespective.

The other "death" REAL "reality show" that I like to watch is "Dr. G, Medical Examiner". She is pretty cool and it is amazing how they may seem to have a pretty darn obvious cause of death and think it is going to be a "cut and dry" autopsy till they find something that throws a wrench in to it. Then they seem to find some pretty incredible things that REALLY caused the death.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:54 PM

1,172 posts, read 2,626,029 times
"A lot of the episodes do end up having something to do with drugs and money. The one that bothered me the most was the one with the woman that was killed leaving work from the office building on Greenville Ave. and the whole thing was filmed on the security cameras"

Yeah, I remember that one. It was very said. He was looking for someone to kill in that building and was real nervous etc. Then he follows her out and shoots her then looks at her bag (which I think had a computer in it) then just ran off. It was just a pointless murder and very sad. It should open peoples eyes that if they see someone acting like that to report it and stay away from them!

Dr G, medical examiner: I cannot watch that show. It grosses me out to think about her cutting on dead bodies etc. Just seeing some of the tools she uses etc. I can't take it.

I would think it would be a bad idea for them to do the first48 shows because then wouldnt druggies watching the show realize if they are in that situation to just ask for a lawyer? Anyway, the show is awesome.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:48 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,042,294 times
Well Dallas is the 4th largest metro area, so you will be always on the spotlight like NY, Miami, Chicago or LA

Old 01-23-2009, 08:37 PM

468 posts, read 1,882,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
^ a tv "reality" show on one of the cable channels.

Some of it is STAGED! .
I don't know how much might be staged. A family member of mine was found deceased in his home a few years ago under unusual circumstances and there were these guys with video cameras moving around. I ask the detective what was up with them and he told me they were from First 48. I requested they stopped shooting and they did. The cops were real along with the M.E. guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: