U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,952 times

Advertisements

little elm has a GREAT EXEMPLATORY educational system. My daughter goes to Zellars elementary and they are constantly being awarded in this school district. so wherever you got your info on edu here is incorrect. also the hispanics here are just like the whites. we are all the same. I have seen some pretty rough neck white people around here too and everywhere for that matter so yes there are a lot of hispanics, philipino, whites and blacks here. big whoop. the only thing that sucks is the work commute but it was worth it to move here for that reason to raise our children. i have made some of the best neighbor friends living here. people are so kind whether they live in a trailor or in the ditch off eldorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 8,952 times
i would be afraid to live in a fancier neighborhood for fear of getting robbed b/c i look rich in my rich house and rich area. haha

Old 10-15-2009, 08:37 AM

6,946 posts, read 7,258,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahcorin View Post
little elm has a GREAT EXEMPLATORY educational system. My daughter goes to Zellars elementary and they are constantly being awarded in this school district. so wherever you got your info on edu here is incorrect. also the hispanics here are just like the whites. we are all the same. I have seen some pretty rough neck white people around here too and everywhere for that matter so yes there are a lot of hispanics, philipino, whites and blacks here. big whoop. the only thing that sucks is the work commute but it was worth it to move here for that reason to raise our children. i have made some of the best neighbor friends living here. people are so kind whether they live in a trailor or in the ditch off eldorado.
I agree. When we moved to Little Elm, we DID move from the 'hood (Pleasant Grove). We arrived at the beginning of the mass influx (2001), and found people just like us - looking for a safer place to live and raise a family, with the opportunity to make an imprint in the community.

Those kids are now growing up, I guess.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:37 PM

92 posts, read 170,486 times
Little Elm is a wonderful small town...great schools ... know for low student class ratios to teachers! Roads will improve!

Old 05-10-2010, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 3,191 times
I have been a resident of Oak Point, small city outside of Little Elm, for 20 years. Oak Point children attend school in Little Elm. My family has owned property in Oak Point for about 35 years. I enjoyed coming out to the lake on the weekends so much in my youth that when I got married, decided to settle here. Both towns were very small and very friendly. In the past 7 years I have seen the growth of Little Elm boom and not very well planned. The roads do indeed need improvement and expansion which they are working on now. The school system has had to rapidly add more schools due to the growth rate. Little Elm is not a ghetto town, but it has lost it's small town charm which is one of the things I loved about it. The police and fire department are very responsive, no problems there. I think it's just another suburban city now.

Oak Point is still very small but still very much a country place and the people are incredible! Try looking up Oak Point, Tx. I think you would like it. It's just across the Little Elm Bridge over Lake Lewisville. Among the few subdivisions we have, you will find farms and small ranches. There is boat access to Lake Lewisville at a couple of subdivisions. Oak Point has yacht club, and a polo club. Check it out.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 06-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: too new to make specific recs - read the TOS

Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,098 times
My wife (who teaches in another school district) has talked to several Little elm teachers who have all said (privately) that they would never let their own children attend school in Little Elm. It's definitely not what we expected it to be when we moved here seven years ago. There are some good people here, but I know for a fact that many people are looking to move out of Little Elm when the economy gets better. This town is definitely going downhill.
The school ratings are a joke. Several years ago the state changed the way they rated the schools. If parents knew all of the little known criteria of school ratings, they would understand that.

Old 06-17-2010, 03:03 PM

15 posts, read 17,628 times
Wow this post is so poorly worded and sounds very racist! Doesn't matter if your boyfriend/fiance is the same race you don't want to live around. I'm just saying it could have been worded in a less offensive way. BTW, I'm not hispanic.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:40 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,988,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamilton1 View Post
My wife (who teaches in another school district) has talked to several Little elm teachers who have all said (privately) that they would never let their own children attend school in Little Elm. It's definitely not what we expected it to be when we moved here seven years ago. There are some good people here, but I know for a fact that many people are looking to move out of Little Elm when the economy gets better. This town is definitely going downhill.
The school ratings are a joke. Several years ago the state changed the way they rated the schools. If parents knew all of the little known criteria of school ratings, they would understand that.
How is the town "going down hill"? Just because the schools aren't as good as others? Little Elm is an area my wife and I are looking at. If you could elaborate that would be excellent.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:50 PM

16,399 posts, read 30,720,581 times
The newer part of Little Elm is in the Frisco ISD and has excellant schools. You can check on www.GreatSchools.net (http://www.GreatSchools.net - broken link) for ratings. Robertson Elem has the highest rating a school can get.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-25-2010 at 01:20 AM..

Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 19,575 times
Is Litte Elm ghetto? yes parts are very ghetto. That is if you define ghetto as thug teens that vandalise, diverse ethnic groups, low socio economic status, trailor parks etc.. Other parts of town are more yuppie less diverse and more middle class. There are some pockets of smaller dense tract or random older homes on acre lots in neighborhoods that are more yuppish and homes are nicer more highend features.
Little Elm has a large growing homeschool population here because of the fact the schools here are not up to par. There is a lot of fighting and bullying from elementary on up especially between black & Hispanic preteens, a faster then normal turnover for all staff teaching here. I am a special ed teacher (HIMD) and have lived here for 5 years. We bought a new home here in a middle class tract and our home has lost value because of the increase in foreclosures and the increase of renters, many came over from Houston after Katerina. Lots of single parent homes, and there has been a huge increase in domestic violence situations as well as crimes of opportunity. Look at the number of kids qualifying for free lunch this year. bhamilton1 is correct If you go up north a bit to Paloma Creek or Providence you will be ok and your home hold value or go over east past the Walmart on Eldorado, Greyhawk is a hood too. Watch for homes near the Exide plant in Frisco being dumped and the homes south of Eldorado stink due to the lake and sewage treatment ( that is the newer section in Frisco district which is quickly becoming oevrcrowded, has issues w busing) , smells ok in winter but summer is gagging nasty odor there. The Little Elm bridge just made the local news regarding the cracks, there is no other road across the lake if you buy that part of Little Elm you have to drive up to the 380 and then down the 423 HTH
If you post what tract or section you are looking I can give you input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas