Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:47 PM

912 posts, read 1,887,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan#1 View Post
The Dallas metro is very diverse, so the only way you can distance yourself from Hispanics and or any other race for that matter is by buying an upper end home. Look into Southlake, University Park, and Highland Park. You may want to reconsider moving to Texas!
Texacans were living here even before the Anglo Texans arrived. Indeed, there were already "Mexicans" living here in the Mexican state of Tejas (Friendly people) and they didn't want a any part of Mexico either. Of course, some of the Anglos that moved here to live with them were pretty sophisticated gents. One was Sam Houston with him choosing to live with the Native Americans for a few years. Another was the famous Texas Ranger Jack Hayes who, after he served as a Captain of the Rangers for ten years and then fought in the war with Mexico, went on to move to California where the civil engineer helped design the city of Oakland. The "ahem" gentlemen of poor fiber character, the "ahem" fellows running our government today are BS Texans when compared to those wonderful men.

Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,864 times
I just don't understand why someone would complain about Hispanics when the place in question used to be Hispanic, until it was stolen from the Hispanics.

Perhaps a state that was never Hispanic to begin with might be more comfortable for someone like you.

There's always Alaska!

Old 08-27-2010, 01:46 PM

15 posts, read 56,670 times
The only area I don't like in Little Elm is an area just North of "Hidden Cove". The area is almost a sq mile of mobile homes and looks horrible. Hidden Cove sells a ton of 1200-1400 sq ft homes at a very low price point. Give it a couple of years and it will be NASTY.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 3,774 times
I am currently renting a home in Frisco, but can't wait to buy my own home... in Little Elm. I've been checking out many surrounding areas for 8 months now, and Little Elm has my vote so far! It's a beautiful little town, and reminds me of where I grew up on the central coast of California. If you can buy now in Little Elm, I say Do It!!!

Old 09-21-2010, 02:42 PM

92 posts, read 291,490 times
Yes BBear- a smart investment, excellent schools and location!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,542 times
funny thing is the 2 break ins my parents have had (1 in their home , 1 in their car) were both white culprits, and one of the groups of people were caught with meth , 2 guns , and a trunk full of machetes and knives . and the home invasion was a neighbor . as a caucasion it embarasses me how many people pre judge due to race , but turn their back when their own race does it. its time to move on people , we need to stop getting so angry when we see minorities doing as good as we do .

Old 03-21-2011, 03:45 PM

198 posts, read 502,144 times
I think he just doesnt want to compete against other criminals. He wants to be the only one carjacking you and selling meht to your kids.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:02 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabogin View Post
I might be moving to the Dallas area in the next few months. I saw a great house for a nice price in the city of Little Elm. I was unable to find crime info on the city itself. The average income is above national average which is good, however the number of hispanics is disturbing. (I'm not racist, I just live in a place that has a high number of hispanics and crime here is bad, I lived in a place before with 97% white and we never had crime). Also, the number of people with high school degree is disturbing, less education means more crime usually. Last, the Little Elm school district seems to be rather poor, with TAKS scores something to be desired.

So far the signs point to a not so great city. However, the city itself is small so that could be an issue. I would not mind living in a area with a lot of hispanics as my fiancee is hispanic, just as long as they and/or their children don't go around causing crime. I just prefer to not have to speak spanish to order a Big Mac.
Wow. The undercurrent of hegemonic ignorance (I won't call it racism) is amazing.

Move to the most expensive place you can afford. If it's Southlake, great. If it's east Dallas, deal with it.

So to paraphrase:

Blacks=Ghetto.
Latinos=Crime
White= opposite of ghetto and crime.

Most latinos in Dallas speak english. But you could work on your spanish.

Really, I hope you're not raising your biracial child with a sense of inferiority because of your views.

TAKS scores- You can always tutor your child yourself, buy prep-test books, and generally do things to improve her education.

BTW I lived in a small town in Louisville that was 97% white and guess what? Crime.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:05 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Hey now if we wanna play guilt-by-association, Southlake must be a pit now that Kwame Kilpatrick lives there.
Kwame's living in a cell.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:11 PM

217 posts, read 381,935 times
I move to Little Elm in 2 weeks.... I have a house on Shell Beach Dr just a short walk from Cottonwood Creek Marina and Cottonwood Park.

Anybody know how the crime is in the area I am in ? Anything I should know about the area that I couldn't get just from a drive through ?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas