U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 07:31 PM

6 posts, read 22,442 times

Advertisements

JC's Burger house...as far as i know they have a location in McKinney and one in Plano. Great burgers made from fresh, raw ground meat that they form into a patty right in front of you....NOT FROZEN and excellent taste!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 09:01 PM

424 posts, read 1,279,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
catluvr - I was just in Bonham and Windom for a funeral and would have loved to have known about that place (we missed the funeral food as we had to do a 'cemetery tour' in Paris and Honey Grove to place some flowers). We were looking for the little hamburger place in Bells, but we couldn't find it - is it gone?
Here is the address for Cappy's Cafe in Bonham:

109 W Sam Rayburn Dr
Bonham, TX 75418

I couldn't find any information on cafe's or restaraunts in Bells. I will ask my co-worker (lives in Bonham).

Sounds like your luck ran out with your food quest! Sorry about that. There is only one thing worse than going to a funeral...and that's going to a funeral hungry and leaving hungrier

Old 02-06-2009, 08:13 AM

264 posts, read 802,571 times
Burger, Twisted Root Burger Co.
Home cooking (not really soul food, but good home cooking), Celebrations.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:55 PM

8,640 posts, read 14,642,959 times
Poor Richards in Plano (mostly a breakfast Place but they do serve lunch.)

I also hear a place in Plano called Tony's (Springcreek and Alma) is pretty good. Haven't tried it.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:26 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,752,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora Milaje View Post
That would be Good Luck Burgers on S. Lamar. Wonderful link baskets and shakes so thick you'd need a spoon.
That place is good. Very greasy burgers but so good. Its somewhat scary for soem people though. Its in a bad naighborhood and you will get asked for money by the homeless people at the front door.

My vote for best burger is Twisted Root Burgers in Deep Ellum

Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 PM

3,687 posts, read 7,602,983 times
I'm not sure how Goodluck's food taste now but I do know they were bought out around 5 years ago. There link baskets were incredible and the hamburgers were very good. I think they are owned by a Korean family now but I am not sure if they changed the food or not.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:12 PM

2,119 posts, read 3,752,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
I'm not sure how Goodluck's food taste now but I do know they were bought out around 5 years ago. There link baskets were incredible and the hamburgers were very good. I think they are owned by a Korean family now but I am not sure if they changed the food or not.
Yeah some asian people run the store. One of my favorite things about the place is a home made sign they put up on the window. It says "No dirty trick". I guess they have a lot of problems with the people trying to scam them for free food with old receipts. My first time goign there was probably 2 years ago. I work on Lamar so I am pretty close to them.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:18 PM

11,879 posts, read 25,261,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd like to recommend a few places and see if others out there have any suggestions.

Campisi's on Mockingbird for Pizza

Kuby's in Snyder Plaza for the German Sausage plate.

I hit Indian Palace off of Preston for Indian food. (not so much a hole in the wall..rather nice inside)

Sonny Bryan's on Inwood for BBQ of course. I thought Peggy Sue's was overrated.

Where would I get the best hamburgers? Fried seafood? Soul food? Are there any other Dallas "institutions" out there that I've missed?

Being from Ft Worth I don't get over too much.
This is not in Dallas, but in your own backyard. Try Massey's in Fort Worth for the best chicken fried steak.

For some of the best tacos in the area, try Fuel City in Dallas off Industrial Blvd. Yum, Yum, Yum, Yum, YUM!!!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:59 AM

2,849 posts, read 3,940,299 times
Raymond's Barbecue on Garland Road near Jupiter is a long-time favorite of mine. Raymond sold out to a Chinese family a couple of years ago, but to their credit they have kept the menu and recipes exactly the same. They have just about the best beans you'll ever eat. Great selection of sides but I'll admit that their meat has never been as good as it should be. This evolved from the old Underwood's Barbecue from the '60s. Same location for almost 50 years.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 AM

106 posts, read 299,553 times
Greasy Spoon - Jay's Breakfast & Burgers - Addison, TX

Breakfast - Any of the original Pancake House restaurants ... NOTHING like IHOP. Plano location off 75 is my fav.

Hometown Charm - Ballard Street Cafe & Grill - Wylie (Downtown Wide Awake Wylie), TX

Thai - Banana Leaf - Plano - Good chance your house manager would be a Heavy Cajun Accented Thai Gentlemen. Quite a trip to hear that Accent if for anything else.

Ali Baba Cafe - Central Parkway location - For the price, you can't beat the buffet of middle Eastern style food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas