Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 PM

10 posts, read 16,188 times

Advertisements

We're selling our 1800 sq foot Lake Highlands house soon and contemplating using someone to stage the house . Any idea how much it would cost to stage the house? Any recommendations for who to use? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,179,170 times
Let me google that for you

Expect to pay about 2-4k.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM

162 posts, read 302,818 times
Why not just get rid of the clutter, organize the pantry and closets, regrout the tiles, touch up paint, spruce up the yard,clean the windows, polish the nobs, steam clean the carpet, buy some nice and neutral decor pieces and save yourself staging money. You can always get a second opinion from a friend who has a good taste.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:30 PM

35 posts, read 78,878 times
Are you using a realtor or selling yourselves? Our realtor had a stager come in and tell us what to do. I'm still working on her recommendations so we can get ready to list! We have 1800 square feet in Lake Highlands too!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:47 PM

6,751 posts, read 13,964,135 times
I think staging a home is dependent on what you already have. Is your current furniture in good shape and fairly neutral or is it taste specific. Your realtor should be able to offer great recommendations on what you need to do to make your home appeal to the most buyers.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 AM

440 posts, read 864,729 times
We staged our own house when we sold-everyone who came through thought it was professionally staged-it was relatively easy but took some work-basically as other have said-clear/pack all clutter including closets-pack away winter clothes excess shoes coats etc-clear the clutter from kitchen cabinets/drawers-(pack them in boxes and store away in garage or offsite) and wipe them out -nothing worse than opening cabinets and seeing dust and crumbs.... buy new towels-white works best-for heavens sake don't use them! Clean clean clean! Organize and fold everything -think Martha Stewart! Neutral colors -we changed out some carpet in the kids bedrooms very cheaply but it didn't look cheap. And clean your appliances inside and out! Get a friend who can be brutally honest to go through and give you tips....it took me a couple of weeks to get it all done-I spent less than 1K-sold in one day! When we were looking at houses to buy cluttered closets and stuff on counters and just dirty things were the biggest turn off for us-oh and if you have a pet please clean up their mess from the grass outside-we saw a fab house but the yard was full of do do-which is a no no! Good luck!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 AM

208 posts, read 334,755 times
Our real estate agent included a stager's consultation in her services when we listed our house so your realtor would be a good place to start. This was about 3 years ago so I'm a little fuzzy on the details but she came over for a few hours (2-4?). Made recommendations on changing some paint colors and accessories, etc. The best ideas I got from her were how to spruce up the outside - changing out light fixtures, cool numbers, etc. I believe she came over twice, also had some good recommendations for service providers (carpet steamers, etc)

I want to say our real estate agent told us her fee was in the $250 range. So if you need help just working with what you've got I'd say that's pretty reasonable. If you need someone to come in with furniture that's a whole other story.

We took her suggestions and implemented them ourselves pretty inexpensively.

Also, ditto on what others have said about just packing up everything and putting it in storage - declutter, depersonalize your space, have it sparkling clean and smelling good and make it as neutral as possible so people can envision their things in the space.

It's a lot of work, really, but worth it if you sell quickly! Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: