Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,890,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
Good Lord. We have a black president so we're making progress and I understand racism still exists but don't make us all out to be racists! Sometimes some of us want to move to a nicer and safer neighborhood with people of our same economic status. Maybe we're snobs but that doesn't make us racists. I don't care what color you are, if you can afford to live next to me then more power to you.

Alleging that someone does something because they're a racists does nothing but put that person on the defensive and I resent that.
He's not my Black President. He is half White & was raised by his White side of the family. If anything that makes him more White than Black meaning he's mixed though the politically correct term is bi-racial.

I hate when people like Lakewooder try & pull the race card. His mentality is the very reason we still have these racial divides existing in this country today. If you can afford to live in an affluent area versus the ghetto how does that make you a racist? Those people obviously have college educations & well paying jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Well I certainly doubt racism has been eliminated. You have to see where I am coming from - I lived through all that stuff which began as early as when I was in elementary school in the late 1960s but didn't really take off until the 1970s when HPISD and the suburbs were given a pass from the desegregation suit. Some schools went from all white to all black in a year or less. Hispanics were counted as white back then.

So what do you think has happened to the large numbers white/Anglo people in Irving, Garland, Mesquite, Carrollton, and Farmer's Branch schools for instance? Also there are many RISD schools which are now majority minority. I think Plano ISD is only about 50% Anglo these days (exept W. Plano) - if you look at Frisco, Allen, Wylie and to a degree McKinney they are very white.

Also look at Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Midlothian, Mansfield -- see any progression?
Give it up man. You're making yourself out to be a complete fool. We're living in 2009 not 1969.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
He's not my Black President. He is half White & was raised by his White side of the family. If anything that makes him more White than Black meaning he's mixed though the politically correct term is bi-racial.
Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Old 02-11-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Whatever helps you sleep at night...
Ambien

Old 02-12-2009, 11:50 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,050,017 times
Quote:
Matt I think you may have unwittingly proved my point.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:39 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,304,012 times
Quote:

I hate when people like Lakewooder try & pull the race card. His mentality is the very reason we still have these racial divides existing in this country today. If you can afford to live in an affluent area versus the ghetto how does that make you a racist? Those people obviously have college educations & well paying jobs.
Lakewooder's "mentality"?

As in kindly helping strangers out in learning a new city and being neighborly? Oh the humanity of it all!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Lakewooder's "mentality"?

As in kindly helping strangers out in learning a new city and being neighborly? Oh the humanity of it all!
People move to Frisco because they are racist is Lakewooders mentality.

Quote:
It's just the next progression of white flight/suburban sprawl - crime and deficits are up in Plano, Carrollton and Lewisville. The houses aren't NEW. The white kids might have to go to school with minority children!

Old 02-12-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Matt I think you may have unwittingly proved my point.
How? By stating a fact?

Obama is in fact NOT Black or African American therefore he is not mine or anyone elses first Black President. He is bi-racial meaning he is HALF WHITE. The media loves to brainwash sheep like you though into thinking other wise.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:03 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,230,944 times
Quote:
How? By stating a fact?

Obama is in fact NOT Black or African American therefore he is not mine or anyone elses first Black President. He is bi-racial meaning he is HALF WHITE. The media loves to brainwash sheep like you though into thinking other wise.
But that means he is HALF BLACK too. I know that seems to give you a headache, but he is just as black as he is white. Black Kenyan Father, White American Mother. I didn't need the media to tell me that.

Let's get back on topic shall we? This was about Frisco, not about Obama or your twisted racial issues and insecurities when it comes to black people.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
But that means he is HALF BLACK too. I know that seems to give you a headache, but he is just as black as he is white. Black Kenyan Father, White American Mother. I didn't need the media to tell me that.

Let's get back on topic shall we? This was about Frisco, not about Obama or your twisted racial issues and insecurities when it comes to black people.
Ok so I'm a racist because I dislike Obama & don't believe he is a Abraham Lincoln/Martin Luther King hybrid reincarnated. I guess I'd better move to Frisco to be with my other fellow White racist Republicans now that I have a Black neighbor.

Last edited by Metro Matt; 02-12-2009 at 10:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas