Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
All you do is hold up your beer when someone asks you to dance and say, "I'm Baptist!"

It's too bad we don't have these ladies in Dallas: Austin Babtist Women

You know why Baptists don't fornicate standing UP???

For fear someone might think they're dancing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 01:36 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,864,372 times
Quote:
Hey most of us have Cowboy boots but they are the Lucchese expensive kind, not the sh*t-kickin' kind. We may have a hat that we dust off once or twice per year.

You won't believe what I saw today................. I'm not kidding either and I thought of this very post. I saw two guys coming out of Hubbards wearing black cowboy hats and getting into a Chevy Truck. LOL!!! The ONLY other hats I saw today being sported were a few mom's dropping off kids at school wearing ballcap's w/ a ponytail hanging out. A few guys wearing ballcaps, a fishing hat and an elderly gentleman w/ a small brimed hat. Other than that............. MOST people in the Dallas area don't even own a hat of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas native View Post
Are the Baptists still not allowed to dance? Oy veh!
Baylor Univ. calls it "foot movenent" now. So they CAN "dance"

Quote:
All you do is hold up your beer when someone asks you to dance and say, "I'm Baptist!"

It's too bad we don't have these ladies in Dallas: Austin Babtist Women
RIGHT ON!!! It is more like, "white men can't dance" more than the Baptist thing has to do with it. If your white AND Baptist............ forget it. Just sit down and have another beer.

Sounds like they would get along w/ those lovely women from Tuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post

You know why Baptists don't fornicate standing UP???

For fear someone might think they're dancing.

FUNNY!!!

You know why the Jack Daniels bottle is square don't ya? Cause if the preacher is riding in the car with you there is no fear of it rolling out from under the seat.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:50 AM

64 posts, read 343,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidex View Post
How are the people? From what I've read thus far, I'm understanding that Dallas is more of a 'cowboy city' than Houston. I'm not a fan of horseback riding, country music, lifted trucks, etc.; but I don't discriminate and I could give a **** less what somebody else is doing with their life. Am I going to be treated rudely or differently, because of where I'm from, my religious/political beliefs, or otherwise?
I had similar stereotypes in mind when I moved to Dallas and I was concerned about not fitting in. None of those things are true in Dallas. I rarely see anyone wearing a cowboy hat. It's a diverse city and I just see regular people on a daily basis.

One thing for you to consider is the weather. Will you be able to tolerate living in a hot climate? My roommate moved here from Chicago and she does not like the heat and hasn't been able to adjust to it even after two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas