Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 06:15 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,185 times

Advertisements

Feud or no feud, the whole region is still doing (comparatively) well. So let's bury the hatchet:

Best Cities For Jobs - Forbes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:07 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,372,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And congrats ! You will have the honor of having the first Super-Bowl ever in
North Texas !
How is that, Ft Worth is going to annex Arlington by 2011?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:31 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,834,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
How is that, Ft Worth is going to annex Arlington by 2011?
She was implying Arlington is extended Fort Worth and it is extended Fort Worth I really don't care what the MSA say and all that crap. Dallas just wants to claim Arlington as a suburb. Dallas suburbs are Grandpraire, Irvin eastward. I live in Fort Worth and I am literally 5 minutes away from the new stadium. Dallas even try to claim Hurst, Euless, and Beford now. Next it will Crowley, Benbrook, Whatuga, White Settlement they will be trying to claim. Anything in Tarrant County is basically Fort Worth even if you like it or not.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:41 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,626,733 times
20 or 30 years ago I would have said YES, Arlington is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth......Today, not so much, I think Arlington can hold its own, as can Plano. The unique thing about the DFW area is that it doesnt have just One principle city, It has SEVERAL. That alone makes DFW stand out above anywhere else.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
20 or 30 years ago I would have said YES, Arlington is a suburb of both Dallas and Fort Worth......Today, not so much, I think Arlington can hold its own, as can Plano. The unique thing about the DFW area is that it doesnt have just One principle city, It has SEVERAL. That alone makes DFW stand out above anywhere else.
That's why people think that it shouldn't be coined as "Dallas" as being the largest metro area in texas. It's DFW becasue Dallas wouldn't be able to do it by itself. Soon, it should be DFWA (Dallas/Ft.Worth/Arlington)

Old 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,516,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
That's why people think that it shouldn't be coined as "Dallas" as being the largest metro area in texas. It's DFW becasue Dallas wouldn't be able to do it by itself. Soon, it should be DFWA (Dallas/Ft.Worth/Arlington)
Actually, it already is called the Dallas-Ft.Worth-Arlington MSA. United States metropolitan area - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,889,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Or how about giving it an acronym..... The FWAD Area, maybe?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:44 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,527,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Or how about giving it an acronym..... The FWAD Area, maybe?
I'm sure the term DFW will be around for a while even with Arlington's growth.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:47 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,510,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Yes locally, I can understand that. Outside of the immediate area, the entire area will still be called Dallas area or Dallas-Fort Worth. Just like the Bay Area is called the San Francisco Bay area and it isn't even the largest city in the metro area. The Tampa Bay area is Tampa and St. Petersburg and St. Petersburg is a pretty large city by itself in another county and is home to the Tampa Bay Rays.

I do however disagree with Arlington standing on it's own. It's a suburb in every sense of the word. It leaches off both Dallas AND Fort Worth and owes it's current status to those two cities.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:00 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,834,996 times
Arlington does not even have a downtown area or big business complex. So yes Arlington is very dependent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas