Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 12:49 PM

43 posts, read 151,694 times

Advertisements

Somewhat new to the DFW area and now looking to get an apartment. A little about us...

Mid 20's
Enjoy going out - shopping, eating out, seeing new sights
Peace and quiet > partying
Have 1 small dog

We are not 100% sure we would like to stay. We would prefer to be somewhat centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth for easy access to both. I work in North FW currently and she works in Grand Prairie/Arlington. We have heard great things about Las Colinas and have been there to visit a few times. We like to get out and do things but don't do the whole bar/nightclub scene. Mainly want an easy on the eyes, safe neighborhood to call home. Must have easy access to major highways in the area and be close to the happenings of the area. We are looking to spend up to $1000/month for a 1 bedroom layout. Open to any suggestions at this time, we haven't really began looking but are trying to gather some ideas. Have heard great things about Irving (Las Colinas), Coppell, Arlington, Grapevine, HEB area. Any suggestions on what would fit our needs best? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 05:00 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,864,734 times
If you work in North FW, and she works in GP/Arlington, then I would look at downtown Fort Worth. This will be the easiest commute for both of you. You should be able to find a 1 br in your budget. Las Colinas will be an AWFUL commute for you. Avoid 820 North at ALL costs, and 183 is about to be totally reconstructed!

Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,289,720 times
1. I would suggest posting on FW forum instead of Dallas.

2. Las Colinas would be a brutal commute for both of you and there isn't enough there to warrant doing that drive daily.

3. Downtown Fort Worth or the areas around TCU's campus or FW Cultural District/ 7th Street would all meet your general criteria of safe & fun places to live.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:27 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
Look for apartments in zip code 76120; that is on the NE FTW/NW Arlington border and it is a nice area near Eastchase PKWY and I-30 generally north of I-30. An easy drive into FTW.....

Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM

43 posts, read 151,694 times
Thanks for the replies so far. I'm a contract worker and am only signed into my job in FW through July of this year. I'm a PT which is in pretty high demand so I can find a job most places without too much hassle. She is applying to a few new jobs in the area. We are going to wait just a little while to figure out her situation and go from there. I knew the commute from Las Colinas into FW wouldn't be too fun but I figured I could handle it for the approx 4 months until my contract ends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas