U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:47 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,691,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWong View Post
Absolutely. Yes it does OFFER more than that, but it's not the draw like the other reason are. If DFW was just as pricy as any comparable metro or had a tough job market - the growth would be average.
What your saying does not make any since at all? Thats just like taking the New York Stock Exchange out of NYC. DWong simply put you are a hater because only a hater would take away from a metropolitian area the very thing that makes the metropolitian area special.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 04-27-2009 at 07:00 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 02:11 AM

669 posts, read 1,481,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
Not so... the Chicago people who moved to Dallas mostly cite the improved weather as their reason for moving. If it hadn't been for the climate, they'd have stayed in Chicago.

As I say, the lower costs of living in Dallas are a symptom of its superior economic culture, and its superior economic culture is a symptom of its generally superior overall level of civilization. California's economic collapse is a symptom of its overall level of collective insanity, as evidenced by the AB32 law trying to ban carbon dioxide. As if California was not part of the world weather system and bathed in carbon dioxide emissions from China and India.

Since Dallas is approaching 7 million people, slightly more populous that the San Francisco-San Jose consolidation, there aren't very many comparable metros to compare to Dallas.
Ok ok, climate, but what was a close 2nd?

Chi does have high taxes, yet has high cost of living. DFW is AFFORDABLE. Like most American's, we go where we can put a roof over our head first. Well, smart American's at least

Yes banning carbon dioxide.... CA politicians and political system as a whole are a joke.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
What your saying does not make any since at all? Thats just like taking the New York Stock Exchange out of NYC. DWong simply put you are a hater because only a hater would take away from a metropolitian area the very thing that makes the metropolitian area special.
Yes, I"ve been drinking the hatorade today.

Makes no sense? Take the NY stock exchange out of their and move it to anywhere, NY will still be NY and people will still want to move there okie?

All I'm saying again is.... DFW's main draw is it's economic growth and affordability. 97% of the people don't have trust funds or large stockpiles of cash so they go where they can live comfortably. Democratic states have completely screwed economic growths and pretty much thrown out the working class leaving the poor and very rich. Ask anyone in the other major metros how hard is it to raise a family there.... the family in DFW, can make out just fine and live comfortably w/ $$$ to spare.

Back to my point, if it was $$$ to live in DFW I don't think it would be on top of most people choice. Happen to read the article surveying people on where they would like to live and work and NOT live and work. I won't say which list a certain city fell in.

That's all .... and just my opinion.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:34 PM

2,231 posts, read 5,592,881 times
Well, at least you have a sane view of how crackpot the carbon dioxide delusion is. Since it is a natural part of the biological cycle of life for plants and animals, trying a vague effort to ban it would probably kill off the planet's plant life.

DFW had the highest numerical growth in population last year. That is some evidence that makes you a liar. You're welcome to your opinion, probably because nobody else wants it.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:41 PM

2,231 posts, read 5,592,881 times
Let's get back to helping out Chicago friend with his decision. Chicago has some advantages over DFW, but if its shortcomings have made him want to leave, I am sure DFW would replace much of what he has in Chicago, especially with the DART expansion, the new urban areas in Uptown and Oak Lawn, and the massive expansion of the theatres in the Arts District.

Don't forget that Chicago's value is primarily a consequence of its huge population, about 9.5 million in the metro, so some little tank-town burg with two or three million won't make up to him. Perhaps DFW with 6-7 millions can satisfy him as a metro, while giving him the weather he wants.

Essentially, he's moving from the 3rd largest US metro to the 4th largest, not that much of a step down.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 PM

2,120 posts, read 5,871,029 times
I think Chicago can beat Dallas. Rose has been playing great! Im a bulls fan by the way.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:09 PM

4,576 posts, read 7,691,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
I think Chicago can beat Dallas. Rose has been playing great! Im a bulls fan by the way.
lol that was random

Old 04-28-2009, 01:12 PM

2,120 posts, read 5,871,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
lol that was random
I know. But its NBA playoff time!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceplace View Post
Well, at least you have a sane view of how crackpot the carbon dioxide delusion is. Since it is a natural part of the biological cycle of life for plants and animals, trying a vague effort to ban it would probably kill off the planet's plant life.

DFW had the highest numerical growth in population last year. That is some evidence that makes you a liar. You're welcome to your opinion, probably because nobody else wants it.
Evidence that makes me a liar? Uh oh... Master Poster someone just shot a personal attack.

DFW has the highest growth and for the reason I think I've said 100times.
Shalom.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:36 PM

16,092 posts, read 37,805,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjb View Post
I once had a person from Chicago tell me there was no way he'd live in Texas. It struck me odd at the time. But now I know exactly why.
And vice-versa - I love Chicago and the people are friendlier than NYC. But most Texans would not really like living among those folks and we don't know how to use tire chains and snow shovels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas