U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM

321 posts, read 721,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb2522 View Post
I think that was probably just inferred based on his spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure...

Scooter: before we start trying to make a diagnosis without knowing all of the symptoms, are you looking for shopping venues that provide merchandise exclusively aimed at whites, or are you looking for locations where you can avoid non-caucasian clientele?

It didn't long before you decided against your original strategy. I'm sure the OP will come back and answer your original question if he/she is serious about their shopping location needs. There's really no need in referring places like "Bigot Towne Centre", as you call it, without knowing the rest of the story.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM

636 posts, read 1,686,085 times
Actually, there really is a need, if I feel there is a need. In fact, there is just as much of a need as your need to come in here and throw in your ill conceived comments.

Perhaps you can provide an answer to "where do the Caucasian go shopping", instead of just coming into the thread trying to stir something up...

Lastly, let me give you a little advice; read back through the posts, and look at the tone of the responses. When you finally get it, you are welcome to come back and let us know.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM

453 posts, read 1,370,185 times
The Gap.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 PM

2,259 posts, read 8,636,659 times
Whole Foods #48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops « Stuff White People Like

Old 04-21-2009, 02:52 PM

^ Jesus Christ, just the comments are hilarious. What an outstanding site; you just made my day.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,717,495 times
Crate N' Barrel, William Sonoma, Design Within Reach, Restoration Hardware and the Mecca of white shopping: IKEA

Old 04-21-2009, 03:24 PM

321 posts, read 721,208 times
Quote:
Actually, there really is a need, if I feel there is a need. In fact, there is just as much of a need as your need to come in here and throw in your ill conceived comments.

Perhaps you can provide an answer to "where do the Caucasian go shopping", instead of just coming into the thread trying to stir something up...

Lastly, let me give you a little advice; read back through the posts, and look at the tone of the responses. When you finally get it, you are welcome to come back and let us know.

Oh now now, let's try and be grown up about it. I simply pointed out what YOU said. You wanted to initially wait for the OP to answer your questions before throwing around suggestions, but then you jumped on the bandwagon with "Bigot Towne Centre". Don't get so worked up about something on the internet, you're blood pressure will thank you for it.

As far as "reading" someone's tone through text, that is hilarious. Good luck with that. I'm not trying to stir anything up, you're just obviously not reading my tone very well. When you finally get it, you are welcome to come back and let me know.

And why would I need to tell him where to shop? Just because I have a picture of myself in my profile and I'm Caucasian means I know what he wants? Give it a rest already.

While we're on the subject of bigot. Seems fitting to post the definition for you.

bigot - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry:big·ot
Pronunciation:
\ˈbi-gət\
Function:noun Etymology:French, hypocrite, bigotDate:1660 : a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Old 04-21-2009, 03:39 PM

Good lord, I don't think I've ever met anyone quite this imperceptive in this forum. Lot's and lots of just pure stupid people, but few, if any, this imperceptive.

I will invite you once more to read through the posts in this thread, very slowly, very carefully. If, following that remedial homework assignment, you still fail to see the clear and obvious sarcasm, I would then invite you to pursue something a little more somber (Tolstoy perhaps), where you won't have to embarrass yourself by exposing your clear lack of any ability to comprehend humor.

Every single other poster in this thread gets it, except you. But you just had to charge in, blinded by your 'cause'. Even when I gave you an easy and graceful chance to exit, you still didn't get it. Just had to treat us all to one more meaningless and misguided diatribe, huh?

Last edited by tycobb2522; 04-21-2009 at 03:47 PM..

Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,717,495 times
alls you hounkay's needs ta simma' down hyaw!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:45 PM

792 posts, read 1,875,570 times
Quote:
^ Sounds like we're getting warmer. Anyplace you know of around here like that where we can direct Scooter?
The vibe is California was go very weird from my perspective. Seeing the exact same shop with the same product, where one location would cater to one race and another location would cater to another race, ... but not having the races really be reflective of the local neighborhood. Can't say I've seen that scenario being really replicated here. Of course on the other hand, I tend to avoid places where I'm not really welcome which is much much easier in Texas.

The following list is probably where progressive / liberal whites would prefer to shop (and since the original poster stated being from Cali) ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobert View Post
Crate N' Barrel, William Sonoma, Design Within Reach, Restoration Hardware and the Mecca of white shopping: IKEA
Aren't there also some clothing places like Abercrombie & Fitch, etc. ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas