Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 AM

53 posts, read 251,187 times

Advertisements

My wife recently quit her job in the healthcare field and is owed 2-3 weeks of pay. We heard from her employer today that we need to pay them several thousand dollars instead. She was not under any contractual agreement and so their argument that they overpaid her all along is BS.

We're not quite sure what to do at this point. We need recommendations on what options we have at this point. Do we need to goto a good employment lawyer or talk to the Texas work force ?

If anyone has any recommendations of good employment lawyers or suggestions on what we can do in this situation, please reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftransplant View Post
My wife recently quit her job in the healthcare field and is owed 2-3 weeks of pay. We heard from her employer today that we need to pay them several thousand dollars instead. She was not under any contractual agreement and so their argument that they overpaid her all along is BS.

We're not quite sure what to do at this point. We need recommendations on what options we have at this point. Do we need to goto a good employment lawyer or talk to the Texas work force ?

If anyone has any recommendations of good employment lawyers or suggestions on what we can do in this situation, please reply!
I had an issue with a past employer in Houston (Cyclone Anaya's).......just contact the Texas Workforce Commission and they can help you out. Warning......don't expect it to be quick....I filed my claim in October and didnt receive payment until March!!!!

Welcome to the Texas Workforce Commission

Old 05-14-2009, 11:28 AM

53 posts, read 251,187 times
Thanks, I'll definitely file a claim with TWC.

However, I'm not sure what to do about the employer's claim that my wife was overpaid and that she needs to repay several thousand dollars back. Should we ignore this BS and let them know that we're filing a claim with TWC?

Old 05-14-2009, 11:34 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,629,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftransplant View Post
Thanks, I'll definitely file a claim with TWC.

However, I'm not sure what to do about the employer's claim that my wife was overpaid and that she needs to repay several thousand dollars back. Should we ignore this BS and let them know that we're filing a claim with TWC?

M wife was not under any written contract btw.
Well once you file a claim, the TWC will investigate it.......if she rightfully doesnt owe them money it will all come out. My advice to you is, once you do file, DO NOT CONTACT them. Let the TWC handle everything. Just make sure you tell them everything, they will call you and ask questions and give you a chance to ask any questions that you may have. I never told my past employer I was filing (they ignored my calls and messeges anyway before hand, thats why I filed), so I cant tell you either way what you should do. Just call and talk to the TWC....like I said BE PATIENT, they will direct you to where and what you need to do.

Good Luck to you and your wife!

Old 05-14-2009, 03:42 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
you should also be aware that there is company in Dallas that acts as clearing house for nurse hiring--if your wife has gotten crosswise with her past employer and won't be getting a positive recommendation from them when she goes looking for a new job--she may have a difficult time if they blackball her with that agency...
once again I have forgotten the name but if you search the Dallas board for nursing recommendations you will probably find a thread with its name...
I looked it up--Group One--Google it and then run search on Dallas board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: