U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-14-2009, 06:24 PM
 
82 posts, read 208,892 times
Reputation: 42

Advertisements

I'm looking for a good, authentic Indian Restaurant in Dallas in the area between uptown and the northern suburbs. Will be going for lunch, so i assume it will be buffet style. I've heard mixed reviews about Kalachandji and India Palace. I know there is a place in Addison called Clay Pit.

I've been to Taj Mahal, which is ok (good, but not great) and Kebab and Curry (very disappointing)

Thanks for the tips!
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2009, 06:44 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26656
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung View Post
I'm looking for a good, authentic Indian Restaurant in Dallas in the area between uptown and the northern suburbs. Will be going for lunch, so i assume it will be buffet style. I've heard mixed reviews about Kalachandji and India Palace. I know there is a place in Addison called Clay Pit.

I've been to Taj Mahal, which is ok (good, but not great) and Kebab and Curry (very disappointing)

Thanks for the tips!
Normally I go for Indian food in Richardson or Plano, there are lots of Indian restaurants there. I can't remember the names of those places though; there was one on Legacy in Plano that was good. I can ask my coworkers what the name of it is if you want.

I've eaten at India Palace and Clay Pit. I liked Clay Pit better. The Indians I know like it.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Dallas (Devonshire)
81 posts, read 207,406 times
Reputation: 30
There's a place on the SW corner of Preston & LBJ that's been around awhile. Can't remember the name of it though.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 08:05 PM
rkp
 
35 posts, read 108,137 times
Reputation: 21
'Flavors' in Addison is good.
'Chettinad place' in plano is another good one...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
 
Location: Dallas
1,366 posts, read 2,241,325 times
Reputation: 789
ROTI GRILLLLLL!!!! Try it, I hope you like!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM
 
1,098 posts, read 3,851,297 times
Reputation: 1902
Pasand at Coit/Beltline in Richardson is good too. Agree with Roti Grill for counter service/takeout.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Ken Caryl, CO
683 posts, read 2,093,608 times
Reputation: 443
Saffron House is in Addison on Belt Line. I enjoyed it when I went.

Home
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26656
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Generation Dallas View Post
There's a place on the SW corner of Preston & LBJ that's been around awhile. Can't remember the name of it though.
That is India Palace.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 11:39 AM
 
82 posts, read 208,892 times
Reputation: 42
Thanks guys. Roti Grill, i think is near the Knox/henderson area? Havent tried it, I think I might, as well as some of the other suggestions.

It seems like a lot of Indian food here is watered down for non-Indian tastes, which i don't like...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2009, 03:41 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Reputation: 26656
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorsprung View Post
Thanks guys. Roti Grill, i think is near the Knox/henderson area? Havent tried it, I think I might, as well as some of the other suggestions.

It seems like a lot of Indian food here is watered down for non-Indian tastes, which i don't like...
I don't mean to sound glib but the best advice I could give would be to ask an Indian friend/coworker/neighbor what restaurants they think are good.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top