Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:41 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times

Advertisements

Sounds like the voice of experience talking..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
I think that NTTA has turned all their processing over to agency out of state--from something I saw on evening news--so getting any kind of personal interaction is frankly not that likely to happen now

this is happening with lots of people--sometimes because they have moved and not changed the address on the TXDL, sometimes because they are not aware that they have incurred the fine to start with because the signs are not that great,

Old 11-12-2009, 03:37 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Editorial: Oversight for NTTA | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Opinion: Editorials (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/editorials/stories/DN-ntta_12edi.State.Edition1.326fc34.html - broken link)

Old 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM

485 posts, read 1,958,603 times
Does NTTA not do email billings? I have a TxTag, so can use NTTA booths, but I get emailed invoices every month. I know exactly when my account needs to be refilled or if there is a problem with it b/c it's in my email. If NTTA doesn't do this and you need to use the tollroads, I'd suggest a TxTag instead...though you have to go to Austin to get one.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nttaripoff View Post
People this is nothing more then what the banks are doing with the over draft fees,
Everyone will continue to be ripped off if they do not stand up and speak out about this. I was never sent a bill and received a violation notice in the amount of 259.08
the toll was 9.58.
Has anyone contacted a attorney about a class action lawsuit.......I would be interested . And they are BLACK MAILING EVERYONE INTO PAYING A REDUCED AMOUNT THEY DID NOT OWE OR MAKE THEM SIGN UP FOR TOLL TAG..
I would be interested in a lawsuit. My daughter was just informed of a $7000 bill for $240 in toll charges that went to a wrong address. Although they have her credit card #, phone number and email address. I can't believe they are actually getting away with this. We are going to have to do something because she does not have $7000. Her change of address was actually because her apartment burned down and she actually called and notified Texas Toll Tags of her new address. They said that her toll tag was not reading properly and they didn't have her license tag on file (no one ever ask her for it and the website says it is optional). I think if they are going to chrge these lind of fees IT MUST BE MANDATORY, so this kind of thing can't happen. Thery told her that is she doesn't pay it they will take her to court and the fee will increase to $107,000. Does anyone know what we can do? This is Austin by the way.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:08 PM

2,231 posts, read 6,066,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccantill View Post
I would be interested in a lawsuit. My daughter was just informed of a $7000 bill for $240 in toll charges that went to a wrong address. Although they have her credit card #, phone number and email address. I can't believe they are actually getting away with this. We are going to have to do something because she does not have $7000. Her change of address was actually because her apartment burned down and she actually called and notified Texas Toll Tags of her new address. They said that her toll tag was not reading properly and they didn't have her license tag on file (no one ever ask her for it and the website says it is optional). I think if they are going to chrge these lind of fees IT MUST BE MANDATORY, so this kind of thing can't happen. Thery told her that is she doesn't pay it they will take her to court and the fee will increase to $107,000. Does anyone know what we can do? This is Austin by the way.
I think they were just trying to intimidate her with that $107,000 figure. The judgment amount is determined by the judge, not by their fee schedule. To get an extra $100,000 in a judgment, they have to prove they actually LOST the $100,000. And they didn't. They lost $250.

Can you imagine going on a TV courtroom show such as Judge Judy and suing for $5,000 over a $20 debt?

Also, I think that they would be very reluctant to bring a case anywhere but to a small claims court. If they demanded $107,000, and the court ruled that the amount was excessive in view of the aactual debt, that establishes a precedent, which harms their ability to intimidate others.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,113 times
i sent my payment of $52 this morning, one noticed sent, originally 50.33 and said late payment would be 52. and this afternoon recieved a bill for over a thousand? anyone know how to deal with this? i thought this was America?

Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,993 times
Hi I am looking for some information. My Husband just recieved a letter that said the same thing that all of you are saying. I need the help to find a lawyer that well help him. His bill was 15.00 dollars and it is now 315.00 dollars.If you can help please let me know. Thank you. This is Fort Worth.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:34 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
so what is the process if you do have bill from collection agency that is large--totally out of proportion to the original violation/fine--
and what are your legal obligation--is it true that a judge really decides the penalty--and how do you go to court in that case?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:40 PM

50 posts, read 162,015 times
The same thing happened to me. A few weeks ago I got a call out of the blue from a collections agency stating that I owed over four hundred dollars from an "unpaid" toll bill from November. I've always been obsessive about paying my toll charges when they come in and I knew this was an error. I called them and worked with someone who was very helpful, and they removed the violation charges. They still wanted the allegedly unpaid amount of twenty-seven dollars which I didn't argue with. I paid that original charge (again) and also bought a toll tag so it never happens again....hopefully.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas