U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 AM

912 posts, read 1,592,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkyatNight View Post
My husband and I are separated and I have already filed for divorce. He has been out of the house for over six months. He had a NTTA toll tag account with my vehicle on it (registered to me) as well as his vehicle (registered to him).

Because the toll tag account is in his name and my vehicle is listed on the account for a toll tag, I was unaware that any violations were issued because he had changed the toll tag mailing address to his new address, and told me that he was continuing to pay the toll tag account.

I have now just foun out that not only has he NOT paid his account since December 22, 2009, but that the toll tag violations that I was unaware of have been turned over to a collection agency and NTTA told me there is nothing I can do except pay the collection agency. This bill is over $10,000! Had I known that the account was not being paid for, I would have switched it over to my own account. He told me he was paying it, and evidently I was stupid enough to trust him.

Now I am faced with this huge collections bill, and I don't know what to do, if anything, to get anyone to understand what has happened and allow me to just pay the amount of the unpaid tolls.

Can anyone give some advice as to what I should do?

Thanks!
Rules aren't made any more to make people a happier society, but to give lawyers business. So, work out a payment plan with the attorneys. I'm certain that when it is all explained to them, the lawyers will be willing to take less than a hundred dollars. You could probably pay it off over a years time even.
Remember the lawyer motto: Even after all the American people have starved to death, after the Chinese have taken over this great nation, and after every evil thing has been thrown into hell, there will still be a need for a lawyer (wink wink)!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 PM

8,668 posts, read 19,912,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Nifty View Post
Rules aren't made any more to make people a happier society, but to give lawyers business. So, work out a payment plan with the attorneys. I'm certain that when it is all explained to them, the lawyers will be willing to take less than a hundred dollars. You could probably pay it off over a years time even.
Remember the lawyer motto: Even after all the American people have starved to death, after the Chinese have taken over this great nation, and after every evil thing has been thrown into hell, there will still be a need for a lawyer (wink wink)!
LOL! Well, I don't know about that ^, but my advice to most of the people who have written on this thread....if the NTTA won't work with you on these things, and it sounds like from people on this thread that they may indeed be willing to do so, I would say, get a good attorney involved. You might be surprised how quickly a lot of things can get resolved with simply a call or a letter from an attorney. Attorneys do have their place in society, and no, I'm not one... or married to one!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 12,315 times
I am trying to find out information as well, I was just notified that I owe $24,000.00 but I read this on KXAN.com which is base out of Austin.

TXDOT's collection agency is now calling people at home and sending letter to toll violators. But if you dont pay the collection agency, they really have no recourse. They cannot put it on your credit report. In fact, they cannot affect your credit, they cannot keep you from renewing your drivers license and they cannot keep you from registering your vehicle.

So TXDOT is now sending letters to people threatening to take them to court - and tonight at ten, we'll hear from County Officials who tell us that they can't do that either.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 12,002 times
When SB 469 passes thru the Senate will it be retroactive on drivers that currently have past due bills with the NTTA?

Old 04-10-2011, 01:38 AM

9,223 posts, read 13,444,371 times
Don't let those fools at NTTA get to you. They sent me a violation bill for 1800, without me even receiving the first notice. I talked to a supervisor named Carla, and she was a real a-hole. She started laughing on the phone, like there wasn't anything I could do to lower it, even after bringing the law out. I remained respectful (kind of) and hung up. Called back again, and someone else was able to lower it down to an easy $48. I was happy. Now I avoid all NTTA roads when I go visit her in Plano.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:17 PM

28 posts, read 99,018 times
I heard if you live out of state or have out state tags you don't have to pay the toll. Is this true?

Old 04-30-2011, 03:08 PM

207 posts, read 423,588 times
all of this has happened to us as well. my husband called and apparently if we get a toll tag, they will knock off all late fees, leaving us just to pay the actual toll fees. we haven't done this yet, but i'll let u know how it goes....

Old 12-20-2011, 12:56 PM

1 posts, read 11,369 times
What is the number to the collections agency for the tolls? I have not been paying because I moved and they sent it to the wrong address for a long time. now its over thousands. with the economy right now, hell no i cant pay that!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:55 AM

4,153 posts, read 7,645,038 times
I just got a bill from the NTTA for $34.xx and in that bill it states, I will owe $124.xx if not paid by January 14, 2012...we're talking a $90.00 late fee

Old 01-08-2012, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 11,218 times
Yeah, so I had a txtag set up thru my bank acct. I had it so that it replenished after it dropped below $10. So, from what I can gather, the txtag changed over to the ntta so they have not been debiting my acct. for the past 3 years! Yes, I should have been more attentive here, but I'm not one to dilly dally over my finances. I just pay it and go....(that would be my first mistake) So.... yesterday, I check my mail and there are 4 packets with tolls totaling over $2,000. And here's the best part.... they are all due on Jan. 15, 2012. How kind of them to give me a week to come up with that kind of dough! I am a senior in college, and moved here from NC for that purpose. I support myself, have since I was 18, and really not sure what to do at this point. I can't imagine what the next notice will look like after the acct becomes delinquent. Why was I not notified that the txtag was nolonger valid? Damn, I tried to do the right thing when I moved to Plano by getting a txtag... why would they phase this out without notifying the customers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or