Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times

Advertisements

Income is different from wealth...

Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM

40 posts, read 76,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Those blacks in Gleneagles are all professional athletes.
Wait a minute, we have a half black guy running this country and a black First Lady and there are people who actually still think like this? What an ignorant comment. I know several black executives who live in Willowbend Gleneagles....

Seriously, get over yourself.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:07 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,873,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
LOL!!! Besides, some people do not have a HUGE yearly income but they are still very wealthy. Those that are retired or have other areas of money skew these reports.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Totally agree with that statement!

Old 05-21-2009, 03:44 PM

40 posts, read 76,340 times
And where is Rowlett and Garland on that list? Oh, that's right, they weren't....

Neither was Lakewood.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hollywoodian View Post
And where is Rowlett and Garland on that list? Oh, that's right, they weren't....

Neither was Lakewood.
Geez, now that is pathetic and below the belt. Seriously though. Hate to tell you that there are plenty of people w/ great wealth in these areas. We just don't feel the need to flaunt it. Do you really even know people from these areas? Doubt it. Come take a gander someday. Yes, we have highend exotics and luxury cars over here too as well as high level executives, business owners, etc. Oh never mind. The reason I don't feel the need to really "preach" for people to move to my side of town is because I don't really care to live around some of the attitudes that permeate some areas so I just stay quiet on those when I can sniff it.

Funny you mention you want diversity but I guess that only applies if those that are diverse from you also have lots of $$$$. Not very diverse then.

Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,481,511 times
WOW!
The OP returns and things get ugly.
Interesting....

Old 05-21-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Well, I've decided to make the move to West Plano from Los Angeles.

my daughter found this Facebook group, and some of these descriptors have me a bit worried! This sounds like a bunch of entitled, stuck up rich brats!

I really don't want my kids to grow up in this kind of environment where there's a constant competition based upon how much money you have, what you drive, or what you have. This makes for very shallow and superficial personalities in my opinion. My question is, is the social dynamic in West Plano really this bad or are these points just broad generalizations? .

Seems as now our OP has stepped over into the same territory as those in this facebook page they found.

At first they don't want their children to be around this type of attitude and now they come out with the very same attitude. SHOCKING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Sad to say, those comments are surprisingly accurate. .

And the OP might just fit right in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
What do you expect? It's an area with a lot of upper middle class white kids.
Seems this is just the area the OP was looking for now. Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsw View Post
Usually the most screwed up kids have similarly screwed up, insecure parents (DNA and environment, right?)
Yes, I'd say that is so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
It's my experience that most of those statemetns are VERY true about West Plano. .

Quote:
I just found a very interesting site,

The site ranks only the richest 1000 areas-within-areas in the United States, so it's very exclusive.

I guess if one wants to pick their neighbors and friends based solely on their income then West Plano would be just right for you.

Quote:

Neither was Lakewood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
WOW!
The OP returns and things get ugly.
Interesting....

It is funny how the OP first came on saying they were worried about being in such an environment and now come back with the very attitude they first said they did not want to be around. And some people wonder why people in other areas have such a dislike for those that have this attitude . What is really sad, we have some GREAT posters on here that live in that area and don't have this attitude at all. If I were them these are the people I'd run from as neighbors. I do in my own area. Those that feel the need to pick their friends based on color of their skin or income are pretty shallow individuals. Some of the best business people, inventors, entrepreneurs came from such lowly backgrounds. What if they had been dismissed by everyone? Not a good way to show your kids how to treat others. If the OP is worried about their own kids being like those in the facebook page they need to first exhibit the proper behavior they want their kids to have towards others.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:00 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Touché mom.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM

200 posts, read 548,311 times
Quote:

These are the 10 richest enclaves-within-neighborhoods within Dallas, based off of mean household income:
Wow...looks like my HHI is way below average here. I do still enjoy living in Plano very much. Maybe because I am not one of those angry leftists.

Last edited by yjc281; 05-21-2009 at 07:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas