Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times

Advertisements

Wow!...I didn't realize it was that bad out there. Seems I'm always hanging out in places where there are lots of men - I thought it would be easy to find someone to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 10:29 PM

346 posts, read 730,711 times
pepper131, do tell me where you go so I know where to go if/when I move to Dallas. I actually get along really well with guys, but am on the shier side at first.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:25 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,482,354 times
Maybe I'm hanging out where most ladies won't.

I go eat breakfast and lunch at Taco Joint - very high ratio of guys...including one of the single owners (other one engaged).

Hung out Lee Harvey's over the weekend - lots of guys again. In fact, I had to show theindoor bartenders the international symbol for Rolling Rock. Can't believe they didn't know it.

But y'know...I would be looking for guy driving a Subaru or Toyota somthting very practical that will stay with you long-term. Not a BMW, Mercedes...nothing flashy.

Of course, I'm completely unable to test any of this...being happily married and all.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:26 AM

81 posts, read 237,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Maybe I'm hanging out where most ladies won't.

I go eat breakfast and lunch at Taco Joint - very high ratio of guys...including one of the single owners (other one engaged).
Migas taco and The Lester. Mmmm.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:32 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
Since when do women have any trouble finding men? Its usually the other way around. Unless the woman is really unattractive.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:32 AM

Dave, I didn't have too much problem until I moved to Chicago. It's hard to find someone, even when you are attractive, in a city that's mostly women. I just want to be sure that, if I move, I won't be going to a city that has the same problems. Also, I'm a bit picky (wanting a guy with a brain and who I'm attracted to), so that makes the search harder too.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:37 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
4eversearching.....think your problem might be your searching! Narrowing down a place just to find a mate. Maybe stop searching and what your want for will find you.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:44 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,465,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Dave, I didn't have too much problem until I moved to Chicago. It's hard to find someone, even when you are attractive, in a city that's mostly women. I just want to be sure that, if I move, I won't be going to a city that has the same problems. Also, I'm a bit picky (wanting a guy with a brain and who I'm attracted to), so that makes the search harder too.
I was born in Elmhurst by the way and lived there for 12-13 years. I didnt know Chicago was mostly women. What the heck am I doing in Dallas?

Oh wait Im married.

You will find lots of men here in Dallas.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 AM

133 posts, read 514,393 times
There's lots of men in Dallas, but the women are much more externally attractive. I moved from Chicago to Dallas, upper 20s, and had to get myself into shape after leaving the Windy City. There, you can hide yourself under sweaters/sweatshirts for 9 months out of the year. Here, I have cut down enough weight where I almost have a six pack - and I also went swimming in February, not all uncommon in Dallas.

Point being, make sure you are active in Dallas and take care of yourself physically. There's a lot more outdoor activities here and the overall dating competition is more intense as people are in great shape.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:39 AM

That's good to know. I moved from San Diego and it sounds like it was exactly the same way as Dallas. Dating there was easier but, like you said, everyone looks good, so you have to up your game a little. Where I live in Chicago though, everyone looks good too, so I guess I'm just cursed to live amongst hot women. I'm hoping there are more guys in Dallas though than there are in Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas