U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:09 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
No, it just sounds like, if you're looking in the Jewish dating pool, you probably just have to look outside of the city. I bet you could get a nice guy to relocate, especially with what seems like all of the job growth down there. I'm sure some guy living in some boring place like, say Cleveland or something, would be happy to move to Dallas. There's a site called Jewishamericansingles, which doesn't have tons of people, but it's another place to check out besides Jdate. Hey, if you do get a guy to relocate, tell him to bring another guy friend.
I don't think it's going to happen really, I am not even looking now. I gave up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 29,740 times
4eversearching- send me a picture and i'll let you know your dating prospects in dallas!

also, if you're looking for a warm place, i'd have to think dallas would top denver in this category...

Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM

346 posts, read 590,411 times
Maybe I should send a pic, I need all the most info I can get!

Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,277,729 times
I think you may have better options in men in Denver. I do not like the men that are from Dallas (no offense). All the guys I've dated live in Dallas for work but are not originally from the city. The men here DO expect and are use to women approaching them and yes the women far out number the men and it makes it worse because there are a lot of attractive and desperate women who Will gladly do all the work. If you are attractive and have a lot going for you, most guys are going to be intimidated. There are a lot of people in the city who are not originally from here and if you meet someone who's only visiting for business or relocated due to their job, that's great but Dallas men suck and are very superficial. If you're not prepared to be viewed as a 'trophy' don't waste your time with the men here. Also most of them are into younger women.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM

141 posts, read 346,165 times
same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I wasn't aware scenes had names. I play league sports, I go out with meetup groups to bars and restaurants, I have tried match, chemistry, eHarmony...nothing.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 PM

77 posts, read 191,112 times
It's great if you are a guy. We truly are in heaven here. If getn a man is your goal, maybe the competition in Denver would be less.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:45 PM

BigDGeek, if you read this, I'm curious, what city have you lived in that has the best dating? I know most people seem to agree that dating in Chicago is bad, but Dallas is getting a mix of both. It is interesting to hear the mixed reviews, now I'm not sure what to think. I just hope the women aren't loud and aggressive with guys, that's the worst. I think I see a plastic surgeon at some point in my future.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:55 PM

137 posts, read 459,311 times
Hey 4eversearching, try NEW JERSEY! Tons of Jewish men here, and girls are nothing like CA or the South. I've lived here for 12 years and so far I have only seen 3 women I'd call pretty. (I'm risking my life to say something like this.)
Good luck!!

Old 05-29-2009, 07:19 PM

That's interesting. I've always heard New York was tough for women, so I guess I always lumped Jersey in with New York. I guess everyone is going to look good in any city that's warm.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:40 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,884,765 times
The Jewish dating scene is going to be completely different from the mainstream dating scene. Jewish girls look pretty similar across the country, and many Jewish men still will only marry Jewish girls, so if you are Jewish you won't have anything at all to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or