U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 AM

3,029 posts, read 6,918,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I'd hate to get back to the lot and it be gone and it has been towed. YIKES!!! I wouldn't do this one at all, ever. I'm just not that willing to trust unknown people like that. Besides, hotel/motel parking lots are the prime spot for cars to be broken into.

This is definitely not an option for the overly cautious or for the totally paranoid. Like I said, there are some risks involved. We've done it maybe 7 or 8 times in the last 10 years or so without a problem. Our friends who told us about this do it all the time, and they travel out of DFW maybe 5 or 6 times a year. Never had a problem. Of course, only select motels will allow this. One favorite place of ours has an extended desinated parking area that is under a light post in full view of the front desk. The motel doesn't advertise that they do this but for regular guests they offer it as a little bonus incentive. We have a car alarm and don't leave valuables in the car. The motel staff are aware of the car and kinda keep an eye on it. I had no worry at all that it would be towed, since they kept track of who left cars there. The Holiday Inn had security that checked their well lit lot regularly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:08 AM

2,119 posts, read 5,492,540 times
Hire a cab or someone to take you there. it will be cheaper than $17 a day at DFW. If Im going on vacation I call one of my friends up and they gladly take me to the airport.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:19 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,280,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
This is definitely not an option for the overly cautious or for the totally paranoid.
I would not say that I'm paranoid at all. Just don't like this idea at all. Way too much risk involved. I'd love to try and explain this one to an insurance adjuster when the car comes up stolen. YIKES! Wonder if it would be covered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Hire a cab or someone to take you there. it will be cheaper than $17 a day at DFW. If Im going on vacation I call one of my friends up and they gladly take me to the airport.
Parking is NOT $17 a day. I can park for $6 a day and that is a LOT easier than inconviencing my friends to drive across the city at goofy hours just to schlep my family back and forth because I won't cough up the money for parking for MY trip. It should be considered an expense of the trip. If one can't afford the $6 a day to park for the trip to fly out they really shouldn't be spending the hundreds on airfare, jmho.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM

Well when I go to DFW its usually for business and I park in the parking right next to the terminals that costs $17 per day.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG99 View Post
Well when I go to DFW its usually for business and I park in the parking right next to the terminals that costs $17 per day.
Then someone is ripping you off. It is only $14 a day for parking at the terminals. Remote Parking in the express lots is $11 a day. Remote parking is $7. The airports valet service is $21 a day. These are "official" DFW airport parking lots. http://www.dfwairport.com/parking/index.php

I have an account w/ Park n Fly and with The Airport Valet (both off property services/companies) and get discounts. They send out specials via email and have been able to park for $6 a day. We use it for both personal and business travel.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Then someone is ripping you off. It is only $14 a day for parking at the terminals. Remote Parking in the express lots is $11 a day. Remote parking is $7. The airports valet service is $21 a day. These are "official" DFW airport parking lots. dfwairport.com - Parking Guide

I have an account w/ Park n Fly and with The Airport Valet (both off property services/companies) and get discounts. They send out specials via email and have been able to park for $6 a day. We use it for both personal and business travel.
If you click on yoru link you will see the good parking is $17 a day. There is $14 a day parking available but its further away. I fly twice a month for work So I know my airports!

0 min - 8 min$2.00 w/ TollTag $1.00
8 min- 30 min$1.00*
30 min- 2 hours $2.00
2- 3 hours $3.00
3 - 6 hours $5.00
6 - 24 hours $17.00
6 - 9 hours $8.00**
9 - 24 hours $14.00**
*first hour only
**applies to $14.00 per day parking only

Last edited by DaveG99; 05-19-2009 at 12:24 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 12:42 PM

487 posts, read 1,222,457 times
Actually, the parking that is right outside the terminal is $17 a day. I pay it on a regular basis. I think the lot just outside the parking garage is where it's probably $14 a day.

Quote:
Then someone is ripping you off. It is only $14 a day for parking at the terminals. Remote Parking in the express lots is $11 a day. Remote parking is $7. The airports valet service is $21 a day. These are "official" DFW airport parking lots. dfwairport.com - Parking Guide

Old 05-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
Actually, the parking that is right outside the terminal is $17 a day. I pay it on a regular basis. I think the lot just outside the parking garage is where it's probably $14 a day.
True.

We used to use it all of the time when it was just the two of us. Started using the Park n Fly when kids came along and have ever since as it is super easy to use. Even if it is just one of us flying out we still use Park n Fly or the Airport Valet. A lot cheaper and pretty easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or