U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-08-2007, 12:48 PM
ga1 ga1 started this thread

3 posts, read 17,725 times
Default Hackberry Creek in Irving, TX? Help!

My wife and I are thinking about moving to Hackberry Creek in Irving, Texas. Does anyone have any insight into the gated communities in Irving, Texas? Specifically, Hackberry Creek. Thx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-08-2007, 06:50 PM

177 posts, read 582,609 times
Irving schools are not all that good. I am assuming if you are looking for hackberry creek, you don't have school age kids. Or may be you are considering private schools.

Good location, well maintained neighborhood but slightly older houses.

Unread 04-08-2007, 07:03 PM

1,101 posts, read 2,646,340 times
You might also consider the significantly higher HOA dues at Hackberry vs. other, ungated, communities. I believe the dues at Hackberry (depending on section) run $2000 to $3000 per year. This does not include the dues for the Hackberry Country Club (if that holds any interest for you).

I have a friend that lives in Hackberry - he likes it quite a bit, but his kids attend private school. Also, at least according to the MLS listings I've seen, Hackberry is in Carrollton ISD - you might check their website, hackberrycreekdotcom.

Unread 04-15-2007, 08:09 PM

709 posts, read 2,281,402 times
most of Hackberry is in Carrollton Schools. Las Colinas Elementary is an awesome school and one of the highest quality schools in the area. It is an exceptional school. Middle school and high school are on the way to being of the same quality but still has to iron out kinks. Middle school and high school both have a lot of apartments that feed into them from the area near south of 114.

Unread 09-03-2007, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 5,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1 View Post
My wife and I are thinking about moving to Hackberry Creek in Irving, Texas. Does anyone have any insight into the gated communities in Irving, Texas? Specifically, Hackberry Creek. Thx.
Hackberry Creek is AWESOME! So many activities for adults and kids from street parties to Halloween and July Fourth. And Las Colinas Elementary is one of the best schools in the state. Homes range from early 1990's-mid 2000's and all price and style ranges. Most people who move here never seem to leave, they just trade up or down as their needs change. You can't beat it! I would and have recommended it to everyone. And the location is perfect...5 minutes from DFW and 15 form Love/downtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas