U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2009, 01:39 PM

11 posts, read 16,493 times

Advertisements

Hello there,
hope all is well..
First of all thank you for taking time to read my thread..

Me and my wife living in shrewsbury area,Mass from past year and we moved from jersey to here because of my wife's first job.. and we always wanted to move to dallas. but thought my wife will get year work experience in medical industry.. and its been almost year.. and we are planning to move to dallas by Sept/OCT 2009, and was browsing some places in Plano,Carrolton and Bedford areas in Tx..
Please let me know how this places???.. to setlledown and raise family..
any advice would be greatly appricated..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 07:25 PM

4,306 posts, read 11,142,801 times
There are many area's around Dallas that would be great places to raise a family.You will get alot more house here than you can in Mass. Your question is to vague to give suggestions without giving more information on what type of neighborhood you want. Things like budget, were you will be working, urban or surburban preference will greatly help narrow your choices.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:15 PM

264 posts, read 1,056,883 times
Congrats on your decision. In order for us to help you, you need to give us some more information. We need to know housing budget, what size house you would like, where your job will be, how long of a commute you are looking for, what type of environment you like, newer or older homes, are you liberal or conservative, more into nature or shopping, etc. Tell us more about you so we can guide you in the proper direction.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi, thanks for the reply ..
Here is more details..
i will be working mostly (Work From home(WFH)) till end of the Year and may be planning to go to office (Arlington) may be from begining of the Year and may drive to Monroe,LA once every month for Team meeting.. My wife will be working in Medical Industry.. My wife will be looking for job in area Plano,Carrollton,Bedford area..(Note:She having interview for area pano/Bedford area in july,2009),Some friends told me Plano north and Carrolton is good(If need to buy house and settle down,..planing to raise family.). we are keeping budget around 300-400k, we are just 2 and no kids sofar..we planning to buy newer homes(If possible customs homes in budget), we are asian(South india)..

Old 05-24-2009, 03:37 PM

69,443 posts, read 79,656,989 times
If your wife is working in Bedford, Arlington would be your best bet, but there are so many nice areas, yes, Carrollton and Plano are both great places to live, depending on what price range you are in. They both have good schools as well. I know you have no children but when it comes to re-sale living in an area with good schools can be very important.

Nita

Old 05-24-2009, 04:48 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,180,729 times
Those are nice places that your friends have suggested but if you are going to commute to Arlington, they will all be pretty far except may be Bedford. There are very very limited newer homes in Bedford.

You should make a trip and visit in advance and you will be surprise at how big this metroplex is.

Naima

Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM

4,306 posts, read 11,142,801 times
If she can nail a job down in Plano the northern burbs would be a great fit. They have great schools and many homes in your price range. If the job is going to be in the Bedford area I would look into Flower Mound or Grapevine first. There are some area's of Irving that would be a great fit also.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM

My wife has some interviews lined up during last week of June,(Plano and NW highway,bedford).. we will be in dallas from (june 27 -30 ).. lets see how it goes and plance of choice..
Also wanted to check any good hotels around airport area to check in during our stay and drive around the City..
Once again thanks for the advices/comments u people posted..

Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,890,331 times
If you end up working on NW Highway, you may want to look into living in northern Dallas proper and sending your kids into private schools. The public schools aren't very strong, but there are LOTS of strong private schools in Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or