U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,564 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any recent experience with Grand Homes in Regency Park, Plano? How open are they in negotiating price in this community (what percent of the house value will they consider negotiating up to?) How accurate are they in giving the closing dates and sticking to it?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:35 AM

4 posts, read 15,672 times
Default for kids

Please help me to find out the positives and negatives of this area for kids, i have 5 yr old and 2 yr old kids
thanks

Old 05-26-2009, 03:11 PM

35 posts, read 109,659 times
Regency Park, be aware that it is in Frisco ISD. The community sits across from a apartment complex (seems high end at the moment but down the road, who knows)

search the forums for Grand Homes. I've read enough horror stories that I've eliminated any home built by Grand from my home search.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:07 PM

107 posts, read 310,773 times
My sister just purchased a Grand Home, with that said she loves it and the home inspector did not find a whole lot of problems. I am honestly shocked on how well things went with this builder after reading reviews and knowing others who have purchased

right now they are VERY open with price negotiating!! my sister offered 20,000 less.

My sister chose not too build and moved in a spec.(move in ready home) so everything worked out perfect for her.

I would recommened finding a Buyers Agent to represent you if you purchase a new home.

my sister and I both used an agent we found on craigslist and we bot got cash rebates back, yes the agent gave us half of the money she earned from the builder. Good Luck!!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 25,096 times
Guys,

I have recently signed up for a house in Regency park, before signing i was worried about
1. being sorrounded by retail, apt complexes - after talking to few people (realtors included)
everyone agrees that there is no land left in west plano to build the houses thats one plus,
it is close to major offices (emplyment), shopping & freeways thats a plus so all these factors
will make the land value go up even if the community sorrounded by retail & apt's.
2. Reputation of Grand Homes - to be honest i have shopped around lot of new home builders
and grand was the one who has some nice open floor plans i was looking for, they are open for
negotiations i could bargain atleast 50k less than the list price. am not sure about grand honering
there warranties its too early for me to comment, i have checked couple of people in that
community and they don't have any issues so far.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 6,001 times
I had a contract in Regency Park. They informed me the closing date 1 month before their expecting closing date, but they still not finish fixing everything. So, I guess the closing date is around 1 week of their expecting closing date.
For the negotiating price, it depend on what kind of house you want to build. You can set 10% less as your target price.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 3,196 times
i love living in regency park
Frisco ISD is alot better than Plano if you research on it
love love love the neighborhood and the shopping complexes nearby

Old 09-17-2010, 05:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,569 times
Default Regency Park, Plano query

What is the popular floor plan in Regency Park?

Does anyone purchased home recently there and what is the price offered?

Also, what was the price last year for the same from people who are already living there right now?

Any help on this really helpful. I am planning to explore home at Regency Park, Plano and there are only 3 homes left it seems.

Thx
Bharat

Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,194,748 times
Bharat,

It's in the close out phase. They have only 4 left, 3 specs plus the model. The one house that is completed on Foothill backs to Ohio, has power lines behind it and doesn't have any upgrades. They aren't budging much from that price, only 20K. They claim that they have had several full price offers on it without making any modifications to the home. I think it's hugely overpriced.

The location is great, that's about it. Have you looked at Deerfield North? New construction but the price is slightly higher but you get so much more. It's also in Frisco ISD.

Naima

Old 09-20-2010, 05:19 AM

4 posts, read 9,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Bharat,

It's in the close out phase. They have only 4 left, 3 specs plus the model. The one house that is completed on Foothill backs to Ohio, has power lines behind it and doesn't have any upgrades. They aren't budging much from that price, only 20K. They claim that they have had several full price offers on it without making any modifications to the home. I think it's hugely overpriced.

The location is great, that's about it. Have you looked at Deerfield North? New construction but the price is slightly higher but you get so much more. It's also in Frisco ISD.

Naima
Thanks Naima for the message and it is really helpful information. Yep, I know Deerfield North and it is going to be bit high for me from price perspective. Well, I did talk to Regency Park and you are very correct they have 20K max. I wish I get inside price from existing people who are living there already and can get some negotiated price range for me to start talking to them again.

Thx
Bharat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or