U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:56 PM

133 posts, read 450,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
San Diego's are plastic; ours are just well-bred. But EVERY woman is not hot and even an average or less than average woman can be very successful in the Dallas dating scene if she has a good personality.
Yeah, cause that's what all guys are looking for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 01:52 PM

346 posts, read 591,634 times
Great, that does help. I'll just have to learn where the real people hang out and only spend time there.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM

4,625 posts, read 8,550,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
But I've heard that particular bit of grooming prevents pheromones from "sticking" to you (so to speak) and actually turns off any potential mates on a subconscious animalisitc aspect.
Ewww - Pepper - when was the last time you were in Europe?! <pee -yoo!!>

Old 05-26-2009, 03:46 PM

Lol, so true and gross.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:51 PM

11,798 posts, read 21,385,643 times
They're all hot outdoors in the summer. The Fort Worth women are hotter than those in Dallas. But Presidio women are the hottest in the state.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:19 PM

5,807 posts, read 10,367,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
They're all hot outdoors in the summer. The Fort Worth women are hotter than those in Dallas. But Presidio women are the hottest in the state.
Pardon my ignorance or gullibility (if thats a word). I'm not from Texas, but I know a lot about it never having been there and hope to move there next year,

but isn't Presidio like in the most remote part of the state in the Big Bend country.

In that case, I assume you are being sarcastic.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:47 PM

23,625 posts, read 31,246,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Great, that does help. I'll just have to learn where the real people hang out and only spend time there.
When you find out where that is, let me know.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:49 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,528,935 times
yes they are hot but so are guys, dallas gets hot now thats a fact.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 PM

11,688 posts, read 21,299,249 times
I'm sure you didn't come here looking for dating advice, but I'm willing to bet that you're not having luck in Chicago because you've given up & have "rejected" or "ticked off" written all over your face when you go out.

Wherever you end up, take the chance to start over from scratch. Be yourself & just follow what your passions are. You never know when you're going to meet someone. If you follow a particular college football team, put on your jersey & head out to the sports bars in Saturdays in the fall. If you like art, join the "young professionals" group at the museum. If you like wine or reading, join a club. If you like to volunteer, join the Junior League.

You just never know how you're going to meet "the one." A girl in your scrapbooking class could have a brother. A guy at the bar could have a roomate who is perfect for you.

What I will say for Dallas is that people LOVE to set their friends up on dates. It is truly a Southern, traditional dating city. Yes, there's the hooking up scene, too, but if you are ready to get married, there are a ton of great guys looking for the same thing here.

Also- church is big in Dallas. Huge singles groups at many of the non-denominational churches, like Watermark, Northwest Bible, and Fellowship.

At the end of the day, guys are just looking for the girl they want as their partner & wife, to walk through life with. The gorgeous girl is fun for a while, but if she doesn't have brains, opinions, a big heart & good attitude, she's either not the one or she'll end up being "wife #1".

Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 AM

Thanks turtle, good advice. One thing that has attracted me to Dallas (besides the weather) is that I've heard people are nice and have more of the Southern hospitality. I was raised a little more that way. I'd thought it would be the same in Chicago, but people really do keep to themselves unless they know you. I've even noticed that when I've gone to places to try and meet people. I've been asking about the dating stuff because I want to make sure that I don't move all the way somewhere and have the same negative experience. Even in these forums, the Dallas people are much nicer and more helpful than in the Chicago forum. They're very angry over there for some reason, lol. I appreciate all the advice so far. And, if anyone happens to know neighborhoods to live, where more down-to-earth, 30-something people hang out, feel free to let me know that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or