U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:02 AM

428 posts, read 1,209,992 times

Advertisements

Thanks to all. I think I will first try out Lynn Creek. Sounds interesting. Looks clean.
I have been to Texoma. Its ok. I found the beaches kind of rocky.

Raymondm, So if they are not called beaches...how should I call them? I think of them as lake beaches, not ocean beaches. Let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 AM

14,874 posts, read 36,286,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
I had checked out the Robinson Park area but it's just disgusting. The marina is too close to it and the water & air smell like gasoline from the boats.

The one of Chaha in Garland is reaaally bad. Lots of drunks hang out there and the place if full of empty cans/bottles of beer.

I think I'll stick to my pool for now until the next trip.
Most lake "beaches" are going to be a bit on the "icky" side. Very few have great beaches but they do exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
im highly confused, i wasnt aware that dallas was near the ocean. i didnt know you call pouring dump trucks of sand on top of grass and digging a deep hole and filling with water makes it a beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by portorro View Post
Raymondm, So if they are not called beaches...how should I call them? I think of them as lake beaches, not ocean beaches. Let me know.

Yes, they are called "beaches". I'm guessing our friend Raymond has never been to Lake Tahoe. AWESOME beach around that lake in many areas. There are also a few great beaches in Texas on some of the lakes.

Maybe someone should alert the area waterparks that what they are calling a "beach" does not really constitute a "beach" as most are just water and CONCRETE and no sand.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:32 PM

13 posts, read 93,950 times
Are dogs allowed at Lynn Creek park?

Old 05-29-2009, 02:53 PM

70 posts, read 264,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n1 View Post
Are dogs allowed at Lynn Creek park?
I couldn't find information about pets at Lynn Creek. I know that Loyd Park allows pets but only to walk the trails. Pets are not allowed at the beach or the playground.

Loyd Park, Grand Prairie, TX

Old 05-29-2009, 10:33 PM

342 posts, read 599,636 times
potorro i dont know whats they call em thats i put im confused i didnt know you can just build a beach, i think of it as making snow. i rather just go to a natural beach in corpus christi, im not bashing, thats just how i feel.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,540,385 times
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a joke!

Fake beaches are just so strange. I've never seen one (fake) in Texas.....but in Biloxi, MS, we were at what I thought was the beach. I asked a local why the beach seemed so weird. Well....truck in sand and make a beach.

Give me a natural beach also.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:42 AM

166 posts, read 616,918 times
Bumping because I want to know too if they are anymore as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:04 AM

1,622 posts, read 3,888,337 times
Everyone has answered already: the answer is pretty much no if you are looking for a real beach. If you want sand next to water, you can find it, but if you're expecting anything like Florida or the Caribbean you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 AM

2,231 posts, read 5,324,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Everyone has answered already: the answer is pretty much no if you are looking for a real beach. If you want sand next to water, you can find it, but if you're expecting anything like Florida or the Caribbean you're going to be in for a rude awakening.
I don't think that anyone expects a lake beach in the Dallas area to look like an ocean beach in Hawaii.

The bottom line is that the DFW lake beaches are fun, they are wet, and they certainly entertain a lot of people. What's the point of disparaging them? Nobody likes to be around someone with a perpetually negative, carping attitude... as in... this is no good because there is a better one somewhere else...

Old 06-04-2009, 11:11 AM

3,029 posts, read 6,920,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was a joke!

Fake beaches are just so strange. I've never seen one (fake) in Texas.....but in Biloxi, MS, we were at what I thought was the beach. I asked a local why the beach seemed so weird. Well....truck in sand and make a beach.

Give me a natural beach also.
You may be surprised to learn that the majority of touristy beaches the world over, were either "created" by dumping sand, or are regularly replenished with sand to maintain their "natural beach" appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or