U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 PM

27,456 posts, read 44,959,956 times

Advertisements

you might consider for flooring in kitchen that linoleum as Marmolite--very eco friendly-- is making a comeback--the original sheet type which needs installer who knows what he is doing or click-in planks that someone with some skill can install --

agree that the rounded edge on the counter is very retro and you might check out the new countertops that use recycled glass or even stainless steel itself if you are going for a more contemporary look...lots of homes in that era used tile but maintenance on tile is just not worth it IMO--but you could get funky tile backsplash

looks like most of the house is in good shape
does it have nice sized yard

don't you mind paying for living space and turning it back into garage--hope you got good enough price to do that w/o hurting yourself...
make sure you take that info to the tax appraisal right away---
or maybe they never were taxes on taking over the garage...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2009, 04:13 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,248,249 times
HEY! Speaking of the backsplash........ the glass tiles in all of the colors from that area might look really cool back there. The really small ones that can be a mix of different colors or just the light aqua greens or blues. Those are pretty cool looking and kind of retro mod in appearance.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM

8,856 posts, read 10,312,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
HEY! Speaking of the backsplash........ the glass tiles in all of the colors from that area might look really cool back there. The really small ones that can be a mix of different colors or just the light aqua greens or blues. Those are pretty cool looking and kind of retro mod in appearance.
Glass subway tiles are pretty cool too. I love cyber-decorating someone else's new home!

Old 05-29-2009, 04:41 PM

27,456 posts, read 44,959,956 times
don't you though--

Old 05-29-2009, 05:56 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
you might consider for flooring in kitchen that linoleum as Marmolite--very eco friendly-- is making a comeback--the original sheet type which needs installer who knows what he is doing or click-in planks that someone with some skill can install --

agree that the rounded edge on the counter is very retro and you might check out the new countertops that use recycled glass or even stainless steel itself if you are going for a more contemporary look...lots of homes in that era used tile but maintenance on tile is just not worth it IMO--but you could get funky tile backsplash

looks like most of the house is in good shape
does it have nice sized yard

don't you mind paying for living space and turning it back into garage--hope you got good enough price to do that w/o hurting yourself...
make sure you take that info to the tax appraisal right away---
or maybe they never were taxes on taking over the garage...
I think I did OK. I will definitely let the county know that that living space is no longer living space so they will cut the sq footage on the appraisal. The house's appraisal shows the garage space as living space, ie it has 2240 sq ft instead of the original footprint of 1820 sq ft.

The yard is a good size, hopefully not too large for me to manage on my own.

And I would never get a tile counter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or