U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:00 PM

253 posts, read 570,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
The area your referring to with the Faulkner condos was actually in Garland. .
I remember Faulkner being along the highway before you crossed the water, but it might have actually been Garland but was always noted as Rockwall, or so I remember

Quote:
Rockwall has changed a LOT in the last 10 years, heck even 5 years. It is a GREAT area and a good area to raise a family.
I am sure it is, I was just having some fun.

I rememeber Frisco when people laughed at that place becuse it was such a hick town, and it really was, but today its an exclusive area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 02:47 PM

1,383 posts, read 2,998,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post
I remember Faulkner being along the highway before you crossed the water, but it might have actually been Garland but was always noted as Rockwall, or so I remember

I am sure it is, I was just having some fun.

I rememeber Frisco when people laughed at that place becuse it was such a hick town, and it really was, but today its an exclusive area
I am guessing that you are referring to I-30.

And yes, Frisco has changed a lot over the years, or so I have been told. I am not originally from the DFW area, so I only know it in todays light. But I have heard and seen pictures of it when it was a very small railroad town that was considered in the boonies. Much different today!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:08 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,798,822 times
Quote:
The area your referring to with the Faulkner condos was actually in Garland.

That church is long gone now and LakePointe has moved into there. LakePointe Baptist was in Rowlett and their membership was growing and Church on the Rock in Rockwall was dwindling so they basically swapped properties. LakePointe has continued to grow like crazy and Church on the Rock is no more.

Rockwall has changed a LOT in the last 10 years, heck even 5 years. It is a GREAT area and a good area to raise a family.

Now I'm even more confused as to which is Rowlett and which is Rockwall.

I think our hayrides out there in the late 1970s and early 80s crossed the lines of each --- LOL. Yes folks it was all farms! Also as a very small child I remember picking pecans in what is now underwater just before Lake Ray Hubbard was dammed off...

Old 07-07-2009, 03:15 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,269,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W James III View Post

That part of I-30 where Faulkner developed the condos was in Garland. It was between Rose Hill/Bobtown and Chaha/Zion before it crossed the lake for the first bridge.

Frisco: Home of the "Fightin Coons".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Now I'm even more confused as to which is Rowlett and which is Rockwall.

I think our hayrides out there in the late 1970s and early 80s crossed the lines of each --- LOL. Yes folks it was all farms! Also as a very small child I remember picking pecans in what is now underwater just before Lake Ray Hubbard was dammed off...

Easy......... Garland is the portion all the way up till the first bridge going East that crosses over the lake. The City of Dallas owns the lake and therefore the bridges are the "Dallas City Limits". The peninsula that is between the two bridges is also Dallas. Once you cross the second bridge your in Rockwall. The only part of Rowlett along I-30 is to the north of I-30 at Dalrock and only thel LITTLE TEENY SLIVER where the gas station w/ the Dickey's BBQ and the hotel are. The other side of Dalrock is Dallas as well on that side of I-30. The park on the south is Dallas, Robertson Park. Rowlett has wanted to buy it but Dallas wants mucho dinero for it and Rowlett is outta funds.

I know what you mean. My parents had some good friends out in Sunnyvale and way back then it was as day trip to go see them. Part of their land was used for the lake.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:01 PM

1,282 posts, read 2,979,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lh_newbie View Post
If money were no object? I'd live on West Lawther in Lakewood, on White Rock Lake.
And if money were no object, I'd be right there with ya!!!

Old 07-07-2009, 04:07 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,798,822 times
Yeah check this out:

3515 West Lawther Drive, Dallas, Texas slideshow by Bullfrog Imaging (http://slideshow.bullfrogimaging.com/?id=3515_W_Lawther_Dr - broken link)

Old 07-07-2009, 04:19 PM

253 posts, read 570,251 times
Wonder if anyone has or knows where old pictures of Frisco can be found?

As for the bridges over lake Ray Hubbard and what is Dallas and Garland etc. it is all confusing to me because I haven’t been out there in many, many, years and when I did get out there it wasn’t often and I don’t remember much.

I remember a Terry’s Restaurant in an A-frame building on the highway but I am thinking that was I-20 going toward Canton. I didn’t get out to Lake Ray Hubbard much for any reason so it could have been the same highway, as I am too lazy to google it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or