U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Is Dallas ugly?
No, but clearly all Dallas Cowboys fans are!

Look at what happened to Jessica Simpson. She dates Romo, and all of a sudden she's fatter than Orca Winfrey.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:22 PM

1,622 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick#7 View Post

Look at what happened to Jessica Simpson. She dates Romo, and all of a sudden she's fatter than Orca Winfrey.
Says the person who's named after the guy who abuses dogs...
that's what I call ugly.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:51 PM

424 posts, read 1,632,276 times
OK, being from a state with nothing but trees and water (like wisconsin) and now from Dallas area; I can honestly tell the OP that Dallas is nothing like WI. I've been to Superior and many other cities many times and they do not compare.

I love Dallas, but compared to the beauty of WI (especially northern part) ther is absolutely no comparison. Dallas has trees, but none tower like those in WI. The lakes in WI make lakes around Dallas look like ponds (wait, they are ponds)!

Dallas weather is awesome and by far better than WI. Dallas is far more fun than WI (unless you like to do a lot of hiking and camping and boating)! Eau Claire, Madison, Superior, Milwaukee (not as nice), and the state as a whole is beautiful and you will be disappointed down here (trees are short, water dries up and get mossy, hiking is not nearly the same and state parks are OK, but not as awesome as WI. WI is definately a rainforest compared to Dallas. Oak Cliff area, South Dallas and east Dallas (at least the north east part) are pretty, but not BEAUTIFUL!

With all that said, I would never leave Dallas.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ise_66 View Post
HI

I am planning to move from Milwaukee, WI to Dallas and am used to seeing green trees and going out for walks etc in the Summer. Also I can go to short weekend trips to Chicago and WI dells.
How is Dallas comparable. I have a wife and 2 kids....in elementary school. What kind of family fun places/things are there?
I am told that Dallas is insipid, colorless, boring, dull and concrete place. Is that true?
The only thing I hate about Dallas is the weather! There are no seasons here, just 4 grades of summer. Grade 4 is a relentless inferno that scorches the city from July-September non stop. Even at 11pm it's still 95 and humid. No winters here, maybe 2-3 days a year will it drop below freezing but 95% of the days during "winter" it is 60 degrees or warmer. Great weather for a lizard, but not my cup of tea. It rains pretty good here in April, May and June. The rest of the year you're lucky to get a drop.

Other than the weather I love Dallas. There's plenty to do around here. It's not Colorado man, but it's just as beautiful a city as Milwaukee.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:11 AM

1,622 posts, read 3,886,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baums chamsack View Post
The only thing I hate about Dallas is the weather! There are no seasons here, just 4 grades of summer. Grade 4 is a relentless inferno that scorches the city from July-September non stop. Even at 11pm it's still 95 and humid. No winters here, maybe 2-3 days a year will it drop below freezing but 95% of the days during "winter" it is 60 degrees or warmer. Great weather for a lizard, but not my cup of tea. It rains pretty good here in April, May and June. The rest of the year you're lucky to get a drop.

Other than the weather I love Dallas. There's plenty to do around here. It's not Colorado man, but it's just as beautiful a city as Milwaukee.
You think of weather in the 70's from September to April "summer?" Is it really that cold in the rest of the country? I think of that as GORGEOUS weather!

Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 AM

3,206 posts, read 7,824,120 times
Physical beauty_NO!!!
Man-made beauty-Yes!!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 03:29 PM

4,004 posts, read 6,927,471 times
Houston does have more pine trees than Dallas city proper but compared to Far east Texas into Loisianana, Houston dosent have many pine trees. Dallas has many Oak trees with huge trunks and the cross timbers. I personally don't care for Pine Trees but I love Oak trees. I have found that most areas of the metro area where the great trinity river runs is heavily forested. Most of the city of Fort Worth except far north forest is heavily forested. Have any of you guys ever took a trip through East Fort Worth off meadowbrook drive and Handley Dr. the area is simply beautiful. West Fort Worth also have some of the same charactersitics. If you took the entire northern half of the metro area off the map this would not even be a discussion. Texas as a whole is a special state no other state can lay claims to having such vast geographical regions as the lone state state does.

Old 06-13-2009, 04:01 PM

69,353 posts, read 79,526,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick#7 View Post

good for you!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 04:05 PM

69,353 posts, read 79,526,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
You think of weather in the 70's from September to April "summer?" Is it really that cold in the rest of the country? I think of that as GORGEOUS weather!
70s in Sept, what part of Dallas do you live in? When we lived there it rarely got below mid 80s until October. Oh, we had exceptions, like the Halloween that the temps dropped to 22, but over all it was hot and ungodly humid from mid or late April until late Oct. Our granddaughter got married in Denton last summer, outside wedding, Oct 4th at 5pm and we all almost melted. To me Dallas has the worst weather of anyplace we have lived. I love lots of things about it, but certainly not the weather.

Nita

Old 06-13-2009, 04:37 PM

1,005 posts, read 3,308,832 times
Oh a good old weather discussion! I just spent 8 hours working outside at 95F, high humidity (53%) and sweated about a gallon or so and I love it!
Heat = good, cold = horrible. Dallas is a tad too cold for me in the Winter. I lived for decades in a cold and dreary place so for me Dallas weather is fab!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or