U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 AM

1,462 posts, read 3,249,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphOfTheSprint View Post
Here they are.

Every spring, Lancaster hosts a ride for Greater Dallas Bicyclists (25, 60, and 100 miles) that winds through the countryside and along the Bluebonnet Trail near Ennis and back. The people in Lancaster display great hospitality in helping manage this ride. This is a shot of one of the starting groups from 2005 getting ready to leave from downtown.
Thanks for posting that excellent photo, TriumphOfTheSprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
It's obvious you photoshopped all those pictures!!!

We know from other posters that everything south of 30 is a dump...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 11:54 AM

Default A small sampling of Lancaster neighborhoods

I got out Saturday and snapped a few photos of homes and neighborhoods, primarily in the northern and central portions of the city. I plan to post more pics soon.

Boardwalk, a neighborhood in northern Lancaster. All streets in this subdivision have Monopoly-themed names (Marvin Gardens, St. Charles Place, Pacific Avenue, Kentucky Avenue, etc.).

Ames Meadow, another north Lancaster neighborhood.

Tribute at Mills Branch - the first of three master-planned communities located along Lancaster's Belt Line Rd. corridor.

Images of the Millbrook neighborhood.

Glendover Estates, near the intersection of Pleasant Run Rd. and Houston School Rd.

Well-kept home in the Meadowlands subdivision of central Lancaster.

Last edited by Acntx; 08-02-2017 at 10:00 PM..

Old 06-14-2009, 12:57 PM

6,585 posts, read 22,378,491 times
Nice! Thanks for the pictures of Lancaster!

Old 06-14-2009, 02:30 PM

4,304 posts, read 11,122,584 times
Hey wait a minute. I don't see dead bodies, drug dealers or litter and garbage in the streets. How can this not be in the southern burbs.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:40 PM

57 posts, read 144,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acntx View Post
After looking at all the great pictures of our area that have been posted on this forum, I thought it would be nice to share some photos of my neck of the woods with the posters on City-Data. I had planned on getting out and taking more photos of Lancaster's neighborhoods last week, but a post-Memorial Day stomach bug followed immediately by a mild cold halted that. I'll get to those when I feel better.

Most of the pictures in this first set are situated in the vicinity of State Highway 342 (known as Dallas Avenue in Lancaster and Lancaster Road in Dallas), including the downtown area. The road runs through north-to-south through the city.

Enjoy!

Entering Lancaster from Red Oak/Ellis County going northbound on State Highway 342. The posted population figure is 36,225. There were 25,894 people living in the city in 2000.

Bear Creek Ranch Subdivision Entrance. The neighborhood is technically in unincorporated Dallas County but its residents have Lancaster addresses.

Historic homes south of the Downtown District.

Lancaster's Historic Town Square

Heritage Park Gazebo. Lancaster City Hall is in the background and the dome belongs to the First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster.

First Presbyterian Church of Lancaster

Downtown view near Lancaster Community House.

Fire Station No. 1 at the new Public Safety Facility.

Lancaster Community Park Entrance at N. Dallas Avenue.

Ducks taking a late autumn dip at the pond in Lancaster Community Park.

Lancaster High School as seen from N. Dallas Avenue.

Lancaster High School. I took this picture back in January while the students were on Winter Break.

Beverly D. Humphrey Tiger Stadium. It is located immediately behind the high school campus. Also taken in January.
BEAUTIFUL pics. Loved those homes. They are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! Your pics give another perspective/view of "south of I-30." I hope you will get a chance to please post more, especially for us soon-to-be newcomers who need a balanced view of ALL of the DFW area.

Thx again for sharing, and I look forward to viewing more of your "south of I-30" pics when you get the time ....

Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Hey wait a minute. I don't see dead bodies, drug dealers or litter and garbage in the streets. How can this not be in the southern burbs.
Neither me nor my camera were harmed during the taking of these photos. Thanks for the morning laugh, Grainraiser!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealthInfoTech View Post
BEAUTIFUL pics. Loved those homes. They are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! Your pics give another perspective/view of "south of I-30." I hope you will get a chance to please post more, especially for us soon-to-be newcomers who need a balanced view of ALL of the DFW area.

Thx again for sharing, and I look forward to viewing more of your "south of I-30" pics when you get the time ....
Thanks, I definitely plan to post more. I have truly enjoyed getting out and exploring the many different neighborhoods and areas around the city. Another thing I noticed was that quite a few trees in our area were damaged by last week's storm. We were really battered down here and it was easily one of the worst June storms that I can recall.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM

424 posts, read 1,631,563 times
Jaffari-al-texan,

You are joking, right?

Old 06-15-2009, 08:24 PM

4,304 posts, read 11,122,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Jaffari-al-texan,

You are joking, right?

I can speak for him and say yes he is.

Old 06-16-2009, 07:19 AM

2,119 posts, read 5,486,895 times
Those houses look like an average home in the northern Burbs.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catluvr View Post
Jaffari-al-texan,

You are joking, right?
Yep, he was definitely joking. He was just using one of the many silly quotes that people have posted in the past that lump everything in southern Dallas County, including the separate suburban communities, into a blanket negative generalization that fails to note the huge differences of such a large region.

Lancaster is definitely not a dump, just a typical middle-class suburb of Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas