U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:35 PM

8 posts, read 42,092 times

Advertisements

It was passed in February. Folks who had a contract before then are grandfathered in. If you would like to read more about it, go here:
craigranchliving.net/ATT.aspx
I did call the HOA & confirm it is in fact true.

I'm not saying it is a huge deal, I am scared by the fact that the HOA has the power to do that. If your son lives there & knows nothing about this passing, it kinda makes me wonder how well they spread the news that rules are being voted on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 01:40 PM

1 posts, read 10,004 times
Thumbs down It is true and there is more bad news...

Yes, all new residents to Craig Ranch are required to sign up with AT&T U-Verse. Check [URL="http://www.craigranchliving.net"]www.craigranchliving.net[/URL] to find out more. Once signed up you can not cancel. This is jsut one of the outrageous clauses in the covenant. We are working to have the contract torn up and need more people to work with us.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:21 PM

8,855 posts, read 10,310,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigranchresident View Post
Yes, all new residents to Craig Ranch are required to sign up with AT&T U-Verse. Check www.craigranchliving.net to find out more. Once signed up you can not cancel. This is jsut one of the outrageous clauses in the covenant. We are working to have the contract torn up and need more people to work with us.
Why do people put up with this stuff??? Just another reason why I find these HOAs creepy!

Old 10-01-2009, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 9,864 times
I am a Craig Ranch homeowner and I would love if someone would contact me regarding this as I just found out about it. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:46 PM

1 posts, read 9,739 times
I'm a Craig Ranch homeowner and just found out about this yesterday when we received a letter in the mail informing of us about this action. What a shock!

When were homeowners notified that this was up for a vote? I don't recall any e-mail or notification that addressed the fact that this issue was coming up for a vote. If I had...I would have fought this tooth and nail!

I'm very concerned about the power that this HOA seems to think that they have. These strong arm tactics appear to be very underhanded and in my mind verge on being illegal (and this isn't the first time we were strong-armed into accepting their proposals...anyone remember the meeting when we were told that Craig Ranch North had to join the Masters group and they started off the meeting with their lawyers sitting up on the stage and if we didn't do this that our expenses would increase dramatically)? By the way...when we moved in, we paid $25 a month and were told by the DR Horton sales people that we could pay extra each month for the right to use the trolley...I'm very tired of the lack of integrity that I'm seeing!

What sane person would vote for this deal? Do we really want to have our rights as a consumer to be able to non-renew a contract with a business taken away from us? The free market system means that we are free to buy from a company if we like their service or change to a different service if we see something better.

Did the HOA consider how AT&T will start to treat their customers with this new deal? If AT&T knows that we can't get out of this contract, what do you think is going to motivate them to give us good service?

I've been an AT&T customer for the past 2 years and we have had to have the servicemen come out to our home on more than one occassion to take care of the problems that we were experiencing. In fact, we currently have to reboot our system on a regular basis to correct the freezing of the screen problem. We were considering changing services soon if they weren't able to fix the problem but now this action has convinced us that this is what we should do since I have no desire to be grandfathered into this contract.

What has happened to my consumer rights? Has Craig Ranch become their own isolated communist community that just happens to be in the jurisdiction of the US? While I want everyone to know that AT&T have been very nice and worked hard to take care of the problems...the servicemen have confided to us that U-Verse has inherent problems and that they are working very hard to correct it...but so far the technicians haven't been able to work out the kinks. Now our HOA is trying to tell us that we have to accept a service that potentially won't be able to overcome the issues that they currently have...and we have no rights to decline their service when they give sub par service. Where is the justice in that? Then to top it all off...they threaten us with the idea that they can foreclose on our house? Talk about strong arm tactics!

Has anyone considered that the HOA sees this as a way to profit off of the inevitable foreclosed homes (based on non-payment to AT&T) as a way to pay for all the bankruptcy issues that they are having to deal with? And then there is the issue of our re-sale value of our homes. If I try to sell my house and someone is interested in purchasing my home...will they back out of the purchase once they see this contract? Is this the reason that the million dollar homes had to be sold for $300,000 because anyone who had enough money to buy a million dollar home was smart enough to see this as a bad deal. Seriously...are people in Craig Ranch thinking that this contract is good for the homeowner?

This particular HOA seems to have forgotten that the letter H stands for Homeowner. I'm all for working with others who see this as a bad idea and doing what we can to get rid of this policy. If the HOA won't listen to the homeowners...I'm sure the news media would have a field day with this fiasco!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:48 PM

4,128 posts, read 13,159,471 times
ummm... someone must be getting a kickback from AT&T to shove this down the throat of the homeowners. If you get enough homeowners against this, it might be cause enough for a class action suit.

I can see that they could help the homeowners get a good deal if there was no other service provider there, but create a monopoly, it's really fishy.

The only way to make a difference is to get involved. Go to the meetings.

Naima

Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 9,377 times
I just received my closing settlement statement:
1303. HOA Advanced Cable Fees 2 months to Craig Ranch North $152.94

I dont know why? How can I get the refund? Should I walk away? I already paid more $2000 ahead.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:11 AM

9,273 posts, read 5,781,633 times
I would never live where I "had" to be a member of "anything".

Old 07-23-2010, 12:14 PM

11 posts, read 46,286 times
I just spoke with the Community Manager at the Craig Ranch Community Association and he said a CD copy of the governing documents is available in their office for $20.00.

AT&T U-verse programming and internet service is being provided to all new residents moving into Craig Ranch. Due to the size of the community they are able to offer tremendous savings in these services as opposed to contracting individually.

Moderator cut: no ads allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-28-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 08-04-2010, 01:25 PM

11 posts, read 46,286 times
I called the Craig Ranch Community Association (972-548-9191), and a CD copy of the governing documents is available at their office located at 7850 Collin McKinney Pkwy, Ste. 302 McKinney, TX 75070 for $20.00.
They said that AT&T U-verse programming and internet service is provided to all new residents moving into Craig Ranch. Due to the size of the community they are able to offer tremendous savings in these services as opposed to contracting individually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas