Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 02:31 PM

303 posts, read 1,011,834 times

Advertisements

My husband takes the DNT around 5:45 in the morning to go to VA Hospital - MUCH further south, he gets there in less than 45 minutes.

Last edited by Pintea; 06-28-2009 at 02:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 06:46 PM

164 posts, read 792,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
Or maybe you're just in denial on how long it takes. Geez...I would much rather get info from a factual website than just some random individual like yourself.

OMG! Are you kidding me! 30 minutes to get from McKinney to Allen?! What world are you living in! Haha!

I am so doing my commute to downtown Dallas from McKinney tomorrow since I already live in Frisco. Then I will post my commute time and then we will see what you all have to say.
I suppose I am just as random an individual as you are.

I drive it everyday my friend. I will take my real world factual experience over a website or the TV anyday or over someone who does not drive it.

McKinney is a mess right now with all the construction. To make it real leave from one of the popular suburbs like Craig Ranch, Villages of Eldorado or Stonebridge Ranch. 380/Eldorado is a treat in the morning depending on where you are on it.

Old 06-28-2009, 08:53 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainPharmD View Post
I suppose I am just as random an individual as you are.

I drive it everyday my friend. I will take my real world factual experience over a website or the TV anyday or over someone who does not drive it.

McKinney is a mess right now with all the construction. To make it real leave from one of the popular suburbs like Craig Ranch, Villages of Eldorado or Stonebridge Ranch. 380/Eldorado is a treat in the morning depending on where you are on it.
Well I drive it EVERYDAY as well. From Frisco to downtown Dallas via the DNT. What is funny is that I have a TON of friends and co-workers in McKinney and Allen that commute to downtown Dallas, and your story doesn't really match up with theirs as far as the commute time. Now of course everybody knows that there is a lot of construction in McKinney and pretty much all of this area right now.

Wow....last time I checked Stonebridge, Craig Ranch, etc were all neighborhoods in the suburb of McKinney.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by $DFW8$ View Post
Wow....last time I checked Stonebridge, Craig Ranch, etc were all neighborhoods in the suburb of McKinney.
Yeah? What is the point? Who lives 2 blocks off Hwy 75 in downtown McKinney? These are a good representation of where many of the commuters who are driving to downtown Dallas live. The commute time from the center of Hwy 75 exactly in the middle of McKinney is worthless. You have to figure in the time it takes to go from your house to Hwy 75. The time spent in you car is all part of the commute time. Not just the time you spend on the major highways.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintea View Post
My husband takes the DNT around 5:45 in the morning to go to VA Hospital - MUCH further south, he gets there in less than 45 minutes.
From Google maps:

Driving directions to Veterans Affairs Medical Center from Frisco Texas

38.2 mi – about 52 mins (up to 1 hour 50 mins in traffic)

You guys are posting times that are physically impossible to make! I understand it could be a little less if you lived in far south Frisco. If you were close to the highway and had no stop lights or school zones in the way you could shave a little time off this. Leaving at 5:45 should put him ahead of the rush hour traffic jam.

I find Google maps to be very accurate.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:44 AM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,348 times
Quote:
From Google maps:

You guys are posting times that are physically impossible to make! I understand it could be a little less if you lived in far south Frisco. If you were close to the highway and had no stop lights or school zones in the way you could shave a little time off this. Leaving at 5:45 should put him ahead of the rush hour traffic jam.

Dallas VA Hospital is SOUTH of downtown Dallas. Which means a further drive. I live in Stonebriar(just west of the tollway), so i get on the tollway basically at the DNT and 121. I can be in downtown Dallas in 35 minutes easily when leaving at 7:20 am. If I leave at 7:30(which sometimes I do) it takes about 37 minutes.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:42 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
From Google maps:

Google Maps is based on driving the speed limit, something which is a ridiculous concept in Dallas.

At 5:45 in the morning, I absolutly think it's possible to get from Frisco to the VA in 45 minutes. At 7:00, probably an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. At 8, probably an hour and forty five minutes.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post
Google Maps is based on driving the speed limit, something which is a ridiculous concept in Dallas.

At 5:45 in the morning, I absolutly think it's possible to get from Frisco to the VA in 45 minutes. At 7:00, probably an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. At 8, probably an hour and forty five minutes.

Has anyone in Dallas ever received a speeding ticket? Do they even give out speeding tickets?

The speed limit shouldn't even be posted. Save the money on all the signs for something else. I was going down The DNT one night on my Harley just crusing along. I was in the far left lane and realized cars were passing me on the right. I look down at my speedometer and I was doing 90!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM

1,621 posts, read 4,594,058 times
Quote:
Has anyone in Dallas ever received a speeding ticket? Do they even give out speeding tickets?

The speed limit shouldn't even be posted. Save the money on all the signs for something else. I was going down The DNT one night on my Harley just crusing along. I was in the far left lane and realized cars were passing me on the right. I look down at my speedometer and I was doing 90!
Not in Dallas, but I got a ticket for 84 in a 60 on PGBT in Carrollton. I usually drive 90-100 on 121 in the same area with no trouble at all though.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM

6,819 posts, read 14,032,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloneranger View Post

I think it's going to take more than 45 minutes to make it to the VA from Frisco even at 5:45. I don't think you can drive from downtown to the VA in 15 minutes even at the hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas