Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 08:37 PM

13 posts, read 87,057 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Any comments about Emerald Valley in las colinas which comes under Coppell ISD?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2007, 06:57 PM

177 posts, read 857,436 times
its right next to townhomes, commercial area.

builder is average. haven't heard of any complaints though.

lot of the houses will get rented out by investors. I wouldnt buy to live there, especially with kids.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:05 AM

13 posts, read 87,057 times
Thanks jacob even I though the same.

I would like to buy a house in Irving,Coppell(Coppell ISD) or Flowermound(Lewis ville ISD) to stay near to airport because of traveling job .Can any body suggest what are my options?. It is difficult to find a new communities in these area. Please let me know if you heard about any new communities that offer houese for less that 350K.

Thanks.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 PM

177 posts, read 857,436 times
a) with traveling job, why do you want to buy a house. there is plenty of overhead of maintaining a house.

b) new communities are not coming up in this area. But plenty of houses in grapevine, flower mound, southlake, coppell (all within 10 miles of DFW airport) are available for under 350k. You can buy less than 5-6 yr old house.

c) new houses may not be available for a while in this area because the demand is pretty weak as I hear, and cost of construction is high, so no builder wants to get in. Lot of condos and multi-units and townhomes will continue to come up

Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 AM
mkp

2 posts, read 15,759 times
Smile La Villita

La Villita is a nice community in that area. It's brand new, houses are still being built. Some of the houses are big though so they start in the 400s. There are some small houses that are on sale for 300s (year or two old). If you want specific information, email me. It takes 15 minutes from my door to the airport gate.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 11,555 times
Im looking for this house with 3 bedrooms. I forgot the location. Pretty sure it was this website. I think the rent was $1650. Could you please help me find it.?

Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
There is another poster "JNK" that is doing some homework on Emerald Valley. Here is the thread. May be you can exchange information

Avg price for sq ft in Emerald Valley???

I also recommend that you check out La Villita. It's a very nice community. They have townhomes and single family homes.

Naima

Old 02-27-2008, 09:36 PM

2 posts, read 15,864 times
My husband and I started the building process with Meritage this time last year. Though the area was a bit busy (it felt like we would be living in the Best Buy parking lot), we loved the floor plans and it felt like it would be a nice community. We currently live in a small gated community in Valley Ranch (not Hackberry Creek). We had problems with being overcharged at the design center and we encountered problems during construction as well. In the end, during the first walk through we were surprised to find out that our school district was actually CFBISD and not Coppell. Apparently one side of the road is Coppell and the other is CFBISD. We were also told that they would not build similar houseplans next to each other, they had to be four homes apart. Somewhere along the way the rule went out the window and now they will be the same model right next to each other, but require that the elevations be different. It started to feel like all the houses looked the same and it wasn't really the neighborhood feel we were looking for. There are several homes which have extended families so not all the cars fit in the driveway so you will notice several cars on the street. In the end you get what you pay for. Some of these homes which were sold earlier sold very cheaply and on resale we felt it would be hard to compete in the resale market with them. Additionally, there is a house on Loma Alta which has gone up for sale twice by the first owner. It's a nice house, but hasn't sold yet, makes me worry that the resale market isn't there.

Old 02-28-2008, 10:41 AM

93 posts, read 465,890 times
Something else to consider with La Villita, is the high concentration of townhomes, condos, and apartments. The area is beautiful, and the homes appear to be well-built, but I would also think about what the community might look like in 10 years depending on what happens with the nearby apartments, and higher density housing.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 PM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
When I go shop at Fry's Electronics and I see the homes in Emerald Valley, I often wonder WHY anyone would want to live so close to a major freeway and retail stores, and in a neighborhood that is doomed to have conjested traffic, noise, and light pollution 24/7/365...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas