Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM

3 posts, read 4,354 times

Advertisements

hi! i am 24 years old and have lived in lewisville/flower mound area for about a year now. i am looking to begin a career in teaching and want to start off with a private preschool after having absolutely NO luck with north dallas school districts. the job fairs were ridiculously packed and trying to contact and talk with the principals has been like trying to break through a top security prison! i have a bachelor of arts and i have 4 years volunteer work in a preschool classroom back home in MS. i also have a years experience at youth center in fort worth. i am also certified to teach 4-8th grade, even tho im not sure if that would help me with the grade level i am currently seeking. i am looking at Primrose, but my only concern is pay and insurance. i would loooove to work for a private preschool but i am just wondering if anyone has any advice on which private preschool in the surronding areas would be best and what the pay would be for someone with my experience/degree? and do these schools offer insurance? i heard that primrose does. i reeeeally need any advice i can get from any teachers or posters that are knowledgeable in this area!! THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM

19 posts, read 75,981 times
have you tried @ montessori schools?

Old 07-05-2009, 12:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,354 times
no i have not tried montessori. i thought that i had to have training in that area to work at a montessori school.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:24 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
Have you looked at Greenhill, Shelton, Parish Episcopal and some of the other private schools that are preschool through 12th grade? Might be a better gig than a daycare.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:32 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
anyone looking for a job teaching now should realize that this is terrible year to be looking for job...
school districts are facing budget problems, principals are probably being hit on by lots of people looking for work
job fairs are always a joke == even more so in this economy

my comment would be that taking a job teaching in commercial day care can just about kill any chance you have of getting hired by public education in later years
once you work in day care situation most principals won't take you even if they are desparate

Old 07-05-2009, 06:11 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
anyone looking for a job teaching now should realize that this is terrible year to be looking for job...
school districts are facing budget problems, principals are probably being hit on by lots of people looking for work
job fairs are always a joke == even more so in this economy
I agree.

Quote:
my comment would be that taking a job teaching in commercial day care can just about kill any chance you have of getting hired by public education in later years
once you work in day care situation most principals won't take you even if they are desparate
That is total nonsense.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:53 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
I know of several people who for various reasons have had to take jobs teaching in day cares although they have teaching certification and in two cases prior experience--

they have applied for jobs in public isds since then and none of them have gotten job offers....
I did not teach elementary--was secondary teacher--but have friend who was elementary until she retired and she says that it is very difficult for someone to be hired after working for places like Kindercare or Primrose--or even in private schools like a church school or a charter school many times...

it may not sound reasonable but principals don't have to be reasonable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas