Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 07:45 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,014,164 times

Advertisements

I am from Colorado, but I have been living in Roanoke for awhile. We didn't know where to move when we first got here and the development was new at the time. But since we have been here we decided to leave Roanoke and maybe try and move to Keller or Trophy Club. The problem is I don't do well with traffic and highways and to get around in Dallas, that is the only way! In Colorado it was a lot different.

I also need to worry about school, my kids are 3 and 14 months. They will be going to school soon. We looked at Marshal Ridge, very nice homes but accross the road is a train track and a bunch of industrial buildings! I can't understand why they would build such a nice area so close to something like that. I also noticed that is the only way in and out of that development.

We did go to Kingsridge but found out it was really Ft. Worth not keller, plus getting in the neighbourhood you have to drive by a storage place and a bunch of run down business's

Can't find a house with a decent sized yard. The one we have now has a pool and that's it!

My husband works near the airport and he wants to stay in this part of town.

Is there anywhere nice to live here without spending 800K plus on a home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:08 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,556 times
What's your price range? Seems like the Grapevine area might work for you?

Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Cupcake77, You need to realize that you are looking in North Fort Worth NOT North Dallas. Two VERY different areas.

What price range are you looking at? Are you only looking for new construction? Have you looked in Grapevine or Coppell? How about Valley Ranch? those are all close to the airport and have good schools.

Naima

Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM

I don't know the areas well arouind here. Looking for new construction. I did look in coppell, but if I remember the prices range was just a little to high for me. looking for $300k and under. Which is difficult in the areas I am looking in.

I did find some homes in marshall ridge, I passed on the springs collection because they really had no backyard, so I went to the waterford because they said they had bigger yards. I looked and thos only fit a table and 2 chairs. lol But the area is very nice, the only problem is when you exit, you have the railroad tracks and a lovely industrial area. sheeesh I don't understand that!

I looked at new homes in Roanoke, they consider it a bonus to live near the race track.

So I finally gave up and looked in trophy club, nice homes and neighbourhood, but the homes were kind of dated on the inside and not up for remodeling.

Since looking at the new homes, it's so hard liking any of the older homes. The media rooms won me over. lol

Old 07-02-2009, 11:02 AM

108 posts, read 487,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I don't know the areas well arouind here. Looking for new construction. I did look in coppell, but if I remember the prices range was just a little to high for me. looking for $300k and under. Which is difficult in the areas I am looking in.

I did find some homes in marshall ridge, I passed on the springs collection because they really had no backyard, so I went to the waterford because they said they had bigger yards. I looked and thos only fit a table and 2 chairs. lol But the area is very nice, the only problem is when you exit, you have the railroad tracks and a lovely industrial area. sheeesh I don't understand that!

I looked at new homes in Roanoke, they consider it a bonus to live near the race track.

So I finally gave up and looked in trophy club, nice homes and neighbourhood, but the homes were kind of dated on the inside and not up for remodeling.

Since looking at the new homes, it's so hard liking any of the older homes. The media rooms won me over. lol

I sent you a direct message.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:45 AM

107 posts, read 354,628 times
Standard Pacific Homes
The Bluffs may have one in your price range.

If you are looking for larger lots, try a subdivision called Bedigner Place (Weatherford, Texas)

Old 07-02-2009, 01:17 PM

My husband doesnt want to live in ft. worth. I even suggested Aledo at one time and he didn't like that either.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
My husband doesnt want to live in ft. worth. I even suggested Aledo at one time and he didn't like that either.
well then you are going to have give somewhere...
you are going to be hard pressed to find a new home with a large lot close in for under 300k.

Only thing Coppell in your price for NEW will be "patio homes" ie no yard.

There are lots in NW ftworth that are Keller or NW ISDF schools (heritage etc...)

There is new construction in Trophy club, under 300 is 3 bed 2 bath

here are some other places with new construction in your price:
North Richland Hills
Hurst - Greenwood estates
Euless
Little Elm
Lewisville
Carrollton
(most are going to have small lots to VERY small lots)

LOOKs like your BEST be for price, lot size and NEW is going to be in CORNITH.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM

I think you're right. Going to have to settle for the small yard in Marshall Ridge I guess.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
I'd really look at houses a few years old..new is tempting but that neighborhood is just in a bad location.

I believe most of the schools it's zoned for are west of 377... when you are constantly running back and forth and get stopped by the train it will be become tiresome.
The train noise is a big issue...it runs 24-7 and blasts the horn all along 377. (I live off of Rufe snow and we can hear the horn...i am used to it but wouldn't want to any closer)

Flower mound and Highland village are beautiful and a commute to DFW wont be bad. Lewisville is nice too and has good schools etc... and close to DFW. (you may even find a new home)

I know you are looking at under 300k but what size? sqft bedroom and garage etc... are you looking for.

As I said have you even driven out near Cornith? we just went through there this weekend after taking our oldest to see NTU and It is very pretty there. you can get on 2499 just south of there and head right into DFW without dealing with 35.
just food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas