Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 12:18 AM

21,108 posts, read 13,427,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
I come from a super rich family but I always pretend to be super poor to see if the girl actually likes me, would that work in Dallas? It does work too well in Miami Beach lol.. but it is a fun mind game to play. I do have to say Dallas women are very very sexy I love visiting that city it is an amazing place to live if you are a guy.
I mean, all women in Dallas are not the same. If you want to hang with the Big Dogs in N. Dallas, no that will not work. 'Dallasites' is a derogatory term we have for a sub-section of Dallas women who won't talk to you if you don't have the right car. Among other things.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:23 AM

394 posts, read 431,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
I mean, all women in Dallas are not the same. If you want to hang with the Big Dogs in N. Dallas, no that will not work. 'Dallasites' is a derogatory term we have for a sub-section of Dallas women who won't talk to you if you don't have the right car. Among other things.
pretty spot on

good and bad thing I like about Dallas

The North Dallas girls(think Legacy Plano) don't want any pretenders so you had better REALLY, REALLY have some cash to impress or pull them. I currently work in Legacy Plano with a REAL job(high paying) and have had many women tell me they respect my honesty(that I don't lie about my income or profession, not to impress, but just to be straightforward and unequivocal) because of this. Not one of those $30,000 millionaires that Dallas is absolutely famous for, trust me... I've seen it plenty in Uptown lol. A "millionaire" can't even pay for a $10 drink at an Uptown bar... Wow is all I have to say LOL

This is good in that... the "pretenders" you may find in Uptown or central Dallas proper may be "weeded out" if you want to say that... but women will want you for all the "wrong" reasons lol

Last edited by The_Man74; 09-07-2016 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: a

Old 09-07-2016, 03:54 AM

1,192 posts, read 938,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
That is why I said Fort Worth or Houston may be better option for him or even San Antonio or Austin. He will get the more average working class girls there than the wealthy status taste in Dallas.

Old 09-07-2016, 08:11 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,175,760 times

Well, it's good to know that if I ever get divorced or something, I shouldn't have much problem finding another woman in Dallas if the guys in this thread are any indication.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:08 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,175,471 times
This thread is an excellent example of the old adage: "Water seeks its own level."

If the women described here are really as described, they and the schmucks describing them clearly deserve each other.

In the meantime, I am going to stick with my intelligent, thoughtful, self-educated and formally-educated wife of 26 years who is from Dallas - and by the way, when we met, she was driving a $1000 car and I was driving a $2000 car, for what that's worth.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:09 AM

641 posts, read 795,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
You can't have it both ways. I don't see family marriage working for you.

You want girl to have really good job, drive really nice car, have lots of money and clean the house and cook. Well you are running of to a football game, riding a four wheelers, of hunting and fishing and hitting the gym lifting wights and doing boxing. And having you co workers over now and than.

No way such a family marriage will work out. Unless that girl is into those things.

But like I say if you get a traditional girl and you of doing you thing she will leave you. Unless you find girl that have same interested in the things you are into.

Girls today do not want to be property and robot doing all the cleaning and cooking. Even Dallas traditional girls or country girls would not like that.

Than pay the money and hire a house nanny than but no girl is going to stay with you if you not her type.
Im not sure if this is addressed to me but if it is, you are putting words in my mouth (or mind, lol). People automatically assume that an assertive, dominant, traditional man is going to be this authoritative, dictator type of person. Any man that acts that way towards a woman does not love her. That wouldn't work out and that's not what I'm talking about. I don't feel the need to elaborate on a concept you seem incapable or unwilling to understand.

Also, don't get me confused with the_man. I never mentioned wanting a girl with a lot of money, good job, and a nice car. Having a M series means and says nothing to me. I'd rather own BMW stock than to actually a BMW vehicle. I'm not the one voluntarily telling everyone how much I earn per year despite never being asked. Neither am I following it up with defenses such as: "I'm not lying" despite no one making that claim.

I don't make 100k a year but if it means working 40+ hours a week and relinquishing control to someone else, I'd rather not. I'd rather own income producing assets (that I can sell at any time) and make $70k than to work for someone for $100k and brag about superfluous possessions and liabilities. That's equivalent to a gerbal running in an exercise wheel.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM

Lots of finger pointing in this thread...typical Dallas

I merely posted in here to give an honest, objective viewpoint of Dallas women... Again, I'm not denying the "type" of women you're looking for as in what kind of "person" she is

But my ENTIRE argument has been based on physical/external beauty(which may or may not be subjective)... my ENTIRE point was to point that they are about spot on equal in all cities i've mentioned before. Not to "bash" anyone or any city but I mean for... if it's just "looks" alone then I challenge you to go to all the cities i've mentioned already. It's the same.

Yes you will find more golddiggers in Dallas. I never said that, and frankly, I find them to be "easy" honestly.. but men shouldn't want to meet/hook up with golddiggers(that's my opinion) as that is also a reflection of the type of person that YOU are.

I actually never go around flashing how much I make in public(don't want to get robbed), but when people see the car I drive, where I live, and my possessions, it automatically tells people "how much" I make, yet I don't ACTUALLY(in real life) go around telling people these things

Old 09-07-2016, 11:59 PM

I think there's been some confusion/misunderstanding

I think someone... Bubble99... needs to reread some of the posts

Old 09-08-2016, 12:00 AM

18,512 posts, read 7,267,681 times
What is the point of this thread? Can we put it out of its misery?

Old 09-08-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What is the point of this thread? Can we put it out of its misery?
yes please ... people are going in circles and not reading posts before responding
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas