U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 AM

445 posts, read 1,624,038 times

Advertisements

When are the hottest and coldest months of the year in the Dallas area?

considering a move there (we are also visiting there in a few weeks and need to know what to pack) but also for my husbands line of work (outdoor) just want to be prepared.....

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 10:16 AM

219 posts, read 950,253 times
Late July/All of August are definitely the hottest. I'd say February is the coldest.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM

2,982 posts, read 8,482,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimithing78 View Post
Late July/All of August are definitely the hottest. I'd say February is the coldest.
I agree. It seems that when the Fort Worth Stockshow starts up - it IS the coldest time of the year.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:40 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,821,849 times
Agree, late July to mid August are the hottest. February is probably the coldest month or seems it. March can be tricky as well.

If your coming in a few weeks here is what to pack:
Shorts
Short sleeves and for the ladies even sleeveless and some of the nice halter tops are in
Cool fabrics (cotton, linen, etc)
A pair of slacks for the men (dinner some nights depending on where you dine)
An easy skirt or dress to wear to dress up or be casual nice (those maxi dresses are BIG here too) You will see women wearing these even running errands during the day. They are cool and comfortable And you look good even when your "hot"
If you really think you might get a chill being inside in a cold a/c building then a VERY lightweight jacket or sweater (I know women that bring them to church as they get cold)
Sandals (dress, casual, etc)
Tennis shoes if your going to go walk around White Rock Lake or something
Swimsuits
Sunglasses
Hat or visor for keeping the sun off your face while out at the pool
While out running around carry one of the hand towels from the hotel with you If it is really hot and you get sweaty you have something to wipe down with.
Small very compact umbrella - you never know. We are getting rain today and did as well yesterday.

I think it is John Frieda that now has weather proof hair products. It could be very humid here while your visiting and if your hair acts up to humidity you might try those. I do use the one by that line for the leave in hair conditioner for my ends.

Old 07-09-2009, 12:36 PM

445 posts, read 1,624,038 times
Thanks for the packing list, i figured that would be about right!

I am bummin about the hair thing, i have fine hair that falls flat in humidity, i am going to be need of a new do' for Texas....I always LOVE the long fabulous lush hair, unfortuneatley i was not given that....my biggest "pick apart"thing about myself, so i roll with what ive got!

I think the humidity will be a shocker for us. When we visited Austin it was later in the year, and not humid at all.

i am trying to brace myself when i step out of that motorhome!!haha

Old 07-09-2009, 01:29 PM

73,663 posts, read 86,086,603 times
I think like most places, late July to middle or late Aug are the hottest and mid Jan to mid Feb the coolest..

Nita

Old 07-09-2009, 02:24 PM

1,622 posts, read 4,046,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think like most places, late July to middle or late Aug are the hottest and mid Jan to mid Feb the coolest..

Nita
Correct.

Our hottest is a lot hotter than most places and our coolest is quite a bit warmer than most places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or