Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:29 PM

2,973 posts, read 9,477,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
this is the time of year Satan vacations here in Dallas.
You mean like the Mary Kay ladies here for convention...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 02:32 PM

2,185 posts, read 5,011,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post

I see pink cars driving all over the place around here. I didn't even think that company was still around. Who uses that product?

Old 07-15-2009, 04:54 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Hell on Heels: The Battle of Mary Kay (2002) (TV)

Old 07-15-2009, 09:41 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
I see pink cars driving all over the place around here. I didn't even think that company was still around. Who uses that product?
Their corporate headquarters is in Addison--just up the Tollway from Pizza Hut.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:54 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,191 times
I'd go with what they said about Uptown and Oak Lawn. Google maps search 75219. I lived in Oak Lawn for about ten years, driving to Irving and Grapevine against traffic. Be careful about Cedar Springs in Oak Lawn as it is directly under the glide path for Love Field. Conversations will halt for take off.

Your budget will work nicely for Uptown. Being from Jersey I'd be curious as to what sort of housing you'd prefer. That is, much of Uptown and Oak Lawn is largely new construction, thus the appeal to young professionals. A part of Oak Lawn does have much older duplex up/down type homes that have been well kept. Your budget might work with one of those.

You might prefer to skip that long commute as W James III offers. Most of your colleagues will be living in the northern stretches so your socialization may be a consideration. I don't think many of them would be interested in a drive into the city, at least not often. On the other hand, if some co-workers become buddies you'd be the in the city guy.

I generally considered anything north of Loop 12 (NW Hwy) as being Oklahoma and rarely ventured north of that, excepting for work.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM

1,621 posts, read 4,592,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I'd go with what they said about Uptown and Oak Lawn. Google maps search 75219. I lived in Oak Lawn for about ten years, driving to Irving and Grapevine against traffic. Be careful about Cedar Springs in Oak Lawn as it is directly under the glide path for Love Field. Conversations will halt for take off.

Your budget will work nicely for Uptown. Being from Jersey I'd be curious as to what sort of housing you'd prefer. That is, much of Uptown and Oak Lawn is largely new construction, thus the appeal to young professionals. A part of Oak Lawn does have much older duplex up/down type homes that have been well kept. Your budget might work with one of those.

You might prefer to skip that long commute as W James III offers. Most of your colleagues will be living in the northern stretches so your socialization may be a consideration. I don't think many of them would be interested in a drive into the city, at least not often. On the other hand, if some co-workers become buddies you'd be the in the city guy.

I generally considered anything north of Loop 12 (NW Hwy) as being Oklahoma and rarely ventured north of that, excepting for work.
Rly? That's a stretch even by traditional Dallasite standards.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 AM

346 posts, read 730,328 times
Chicago_transplant, read my thread about "why do guys gush about Dallas women?" Seriously, I don't get this (no offense to the non-plastic Dallas women). How are they different than Chicago girls (who are mostly attractive)? Are the ones you're gushing about the equivalent of Lincoln Park trixies? Guys who're into "struttin' around the pool" and pickin' up chicks are usually into plastic trixies (oops, redundant, lol).
OP, lets hope you have better taste.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Guys who're into "struttin' around the pool" and pickin' up chicks are usually into plastic trixies (oops, redundant, lol).
OP, lets hope you have better taste.
I don't think guys who look at chicks hanging out at the pool are looking for 'plastic trixies'. He's just a GUY. Most guys probably would be doing the same thing if their wives wouldn't loop thier head off.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:31 AM

346 posts, read 730,328 times
Well, looking at girls at a pool is one thing. Obviously all straight guys do. But, he was talking about getting in great shape in order to "strut" around the pool at a trendy place and pick up chicks. That's totally trixie/chad mentality. Most guys I know (or would want to date) wouldn't do that at all.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversearching View Post
Well, looking at girls at a pool is one thing. Obviously all straight guys do. But, he was talking about getting in great shape in order to "strut" around the pool at a trendy place and pick up chicks. That's totally trixie/chad mentality. Most guys I know (or would want to date) wouldn't do that at all.

Well Mike will have to scratch you off his list as one of his potential trixie's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas