Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2011, 04:39 PM

1,780 posts, read 4,026,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
See but that's the thing. If we lived in Seattle, we'd hate the grey because it's what you're stuck with. A warm day in Seattle (or New England) is a rare treasure. In Texas, a cool day is a rare treasure. Sun and Fun was my Nirvana when I lived up North, but here, Sun and Fun has become an oxymoron. Back then, a Florida vacation in January was a dream come true. Now, suffering 100+ for a 100 days, going somewhere where it's hot right now sounds more like a sentence than a vacation.

More could be said about this paradox of human nature.
I'll agree with you except it's not rare in Texas to have cool days. If you define anything less than 60F as cool, it's going to be that way most of November, and all of December, January, February, and most of March. The winter here is as long as the summer, and chillingly cold with winds. Add to it poor infrastructure that means a small snow brings the entire city to a halt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 PM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
You do know the tropics don't really have 100+ weather? More like 80-95 maximum. Besides, look at other world cities close to Dallas on the same latitude. None of them get this cold.
Yes, but the tropics don't experience cool weather like we are now. The point I was trying to make is that there are people in this thread who think that those who enjoy weather like we had yesterday but hate 100+ temperatures don't belong here and should move to Seattle but the fact is days like yesterday are more common than 100+ degree days. If you don't like 50s and below and occasional cloudy days, maybe you should move to California or Hawaii.

Old 10-28-2011, 06:07 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,754,879 times
Well, I love it here and don't suggest anyone leave because of the heat.

I can deal with the occasional horrible day. Like yesterday. Especially because this dreary damp crap weather doesn't last long. Unlike in my home country.

Anyways, today was gorgeous again if a bit chilly and the weekend promises to be awesome!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:28 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,276,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Ain't it wonderful?!?

It hasn't been above 48 all day up here.......rainy, chilly......I LOVE it.

Only weirdos would be glad to see the days-on-end 100+ degree days come back.

Enjoy the changing of the seasons! It's fun!!
And now we're freaks too. Ha ha! Thanks, native Texan, for speaking up.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You freaks that like it cold, dreary, gray and rainy need to move where that sort of UGLY weather is the norm. This is terrible. I know there's blue sky and sunshine up there.
It didn't last long, did it? If you don't want ANY of what you perceive to be ugly weather, why don't you pack up and move? Saudi Arabia might have all the heat and stickiness you'll ever need. 120 is a pretty good temperature for that place. Knowing I may have to put up with three more summers is so depressing but while the weather is good, I will enjoy it to the max.

By the way and since you're such a lover of gawd-forsaken heat, you never answered my question months ago (at least I never saw an answer) as to just what you do in the heat. Are you out in it or do you keep your A/C on 68 and sit under a fan all day? To real be a lover of heat, I would imagine one would do without A/C and just walk and jog and work like a turk in the heat all day long. Good times.

We're all freaks, I guess. What kind are you?

Old 10-28-2011, 08:04 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
It didn't last long, did it? If you don't want ANY of what you perceive to be ugly weather, why don't you pack up and move? Saudi Arabia might have all the heat and stickiness you'll ever need. 120 is a pretty good temperature for that place. Knowing I may have to put up with three more summers is so depressing but while the weather is good, I will enjoy it to the max.

By the way and since you're such a lover of gawd-forsaken heat, you never answered my question months ago (at least I never saw an answer) as to just what you do in the heat. Are you out in it or do you keep your A/C on 68 and sit under a fan all day? To real be a lover of heat, I would imagine one would do without A/C and just walk and jog and work like a turk in the heat all day long. Good times.

We're all freaks, I guess. What kind are you?
I love blue sky, sunshine and warmth. I play a lot of golf so I'm out in the direct sun and summer heat a lot.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:39 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Well here's the reason I don't even consider this cold (and am damn happy to be here not there today!)

http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...w-10-29-11.jpg

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-29-2011 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: link please - pic too large for forum

Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I love blue sky, sunshine and warmth. I play a lot of golf so I'm out in the direct sun and summer heat a lot.
I think warmth is good, but months on end of triple digit temperatures is not warmth, in my opinion, of course. I call it "HELL."

Old 10-30-2011, 10:41 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I think warmth is good, but months on end of triple digit temperatures is not warmth, in my opinion, of course. I call it "HELL."
Oh hell no, it's beautiful weather when you can wear shorts and a golf shirt, put the convertible top down and get a tan and some vitamin D.

You can have your lovely shilled-to-the-bone, bundled-up cold and gray, dreary skies. I'll take beautiful blue skies, sunshine and any temperature in the mid-70s or above...all the way up to 100+.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:51 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Oh hell no, it's beautiful weather when you can wear shorts and a golf shirt, put the convertible top down and get a tan and some vitamin D.

You can have your lovely shilled-to-the-bone, bundled-up cold and gray, dreary skies. I'll take beautiful blue skies, sunshine and any temperature in the mid-70s or above...all the way up to 100+.
If it's gonna be like that all year then what's the point of seasons? Everyone don't like the heat. I would move out of Texas if it was gonna be hot all year. Hell, no one would move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas