Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,247,538 times

Advertisements

Only in Texas do people argue about the weather

I'm a Fall baby born in West Texas. So I don't mind the cool or hot days. You could even say I get excited about either season. There's nothing like a bowl of spicy Texas Chilli or some Mexican Chilli Rellenos to warm you up I look forward to our annual snow fall hoping each year we get at least a few inches...it's been nothing short of a micro flurry the last couple years. When it does snow, everyone, including the dog has a blast. The dog is a Brichon Frise and only stands about 9" tall ( on all fours) and looks like a West Texas cotton ball. Him and our son just shread the yard something else when it snows. But as with anything, the cold does get old and has us looking forward to warmer days. Our Son is part Fish and starts having withdraws for the pool starting around Febuary and I start looking forward to the grill It takes 4-5 days of 90-100 degrees to heat the pool enough which generallys happens around late April to Early May....sometimes I cheat and use the heater late Febuary to early April

Now there is one thing I can absolutely live without during the winter and is these darn Servier Torndoe storms!! WTH is up with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2011, 08:35 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,460,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex985 View Post
You can't just tell someone to move away, you know, people have family ties, jobs, etc. Plus, weather isn't everyone's main issue anyway. Not everyone is a retired, everyday golf-playing citizen that has no worries in life like you
There sure were a lot of people complaining about the heat in the It's HOT thread. All I said was that I much preferred the heat to the cold. Considering the fact that we usually don't have much truly cold weather during our winters - it seems that the people bitching about the heat are the ones with the problem, not me...because it always gets hot here every summer.

Just to confirm - I really like warm weather and sunshine, which we have a lot of here in North Texas. I do not care for cold weather and gray skies, which thankfully we don't have much of here. Therefore I'm happy! That said, I feel badly for the people that don't like the warm weather and sunshine...because it seems they ***** and complain all but a few months out of the year.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:30 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,048,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
There sure were a lot of people complaining about the heat in the It's HOT thread. All I said was that I much preferred the heat to the cold. Considering the fact that we usually don't have much truly cold weather during our winters - it seems that the people bitching about the heat are the ones with the problem, not me...because it always gets hot here every summer.
We don't usually have truly cold weather during the winter, and we have yet to have any truly cold weather this year, so what's the complaining about? It's been 10 years since we had a winter that was significantly colder than average, but last summer was arguably the hottest in history. Hell, it's still warmer than average for this time of year. So people who complain about the hottest summer in Texas history are the problem, not someone who complains that it's below 80 degrees?

Old 11-18-2011, 01:59 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
high cotton does seem to be bullying anyone who likes the cool weather.

You know there are some places where you don't really have to worry about the cold. South Florida would love to have you.
But it's not hot down there. It rarely hits a hundred.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,450,052 times
I was in a freezer building that was -20 degrees yesterday. Now that was COLD.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:44 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I hope someone takes pictures (hint, hint).
Here ya go Nairobi ...

Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshi View Post
We don't usually have truly cold weather during the winter, and we have yet to have any truly cold weather this year, so what's the complaining about? It's been 10 years since we had a winter that was significantly colder than average, but last summer was arguably the hottest in history. Hell, it's still warmer than average for this time of year. So people who complain about the hottest summer in Texas history are the problem, not someone who complains that it's below 80 degrees?
You simply don't 'get it', do you? Me complaining about the cooler weather (now that it is autumn) was to do exactly what many others do when they complain about the weather warming up in the spring and summer. Someone says; "It's HOT" in the spring and summer...and I say; "It's COLD" in the fall and winter. It should be pretty simple to understand. Just kind of go with the flow...you'll hopefully get it sooner or later.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:09 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times
There is somebody here that doesn't get it...

I mentioned this thread to my non-message boarding native Dallasite friend, and she immediately said "Of COURSE everybody complains about the heat in the summer, especially this summer. It's AWFUL!"

There is no comparison between record breaking heat and lovely fall weather. Just chill out, dude. (ha ha)

You love the heat. We get it. We don't all think the same and are entitled to say so without being constantly told to move out of state.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
There is somebody here that doesn't get it...

I mentioned this thread to my non-message boarding native Dallasite friend, and she immediately said "Of COURSE everybody complains about the heat in the summer, especially this summer. It's AWFUL!"

There is no comparison between record breaking heat and lovely fall weather. Just chill out, dude. (ha ha)

You love the heat. We get it. We don't all think the same and are entitled to say so without being constantly told to move out of state.
Dude, who is doing that?

Old 11-18-2011, 02:59 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,443,557 times
You did here.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...s-hot-120.html

post 1195

Someone else said it on page 2 of that thread. It got said a lot. I'm not going to look them all up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas