U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:11 AM

2,531 posts, read 5,451,964 times

Advertisements

Has anyone been yet? There is a possibility of me visiting the DFW area in September, and I want to see what a $1.5 Billion Stadium looks like .

I know admission is $15 for singles, $12 for groups.

Just wanted to know if anyone has been and what their experience was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:52 AM

29,965 posts, read 47,162,968 times
a friend of ours had family in from Chicago july 4th weekend and they went Sunday--
they were very impressed at the size and the quality of the items used to build it
apparently there is nothing in there that you can see that is second-rate because the tour guides explain how everything is the best--the most expensive--the top quality
the last part of the tour was to walk out on the field--their little boy loved it--he ran and ran

there are three locker rooms--one for Cowboys--one for visitor NFL--one for college/high schoo lso no more high school teams suiting up in the Cowboy locker room like at Texas Stadium...

Jerry Jones Tony Romo and Coach Cupcake have special parking underground so they don't have to come in contact with any fans waiting to see them walk in to stadium--maybe other players do too--those were the only ones our friends were told about
our friend was shocked to hear that after shelling out so much more for the suite the owner still has to buy tickets for the guests to enter the stadium
that you can't buy any food/bev except through the Stadium catering company
popcorn is like $10
no purses allowed--diaper bags are searched--
they did not remark on how far they had to park but did have to pay for parking
and also said that the 157 bridge across 30 is closed
we did not go--did not want to add any more $$$ to Jerry Jones's bank balance or his hubris

Old 07-15-2009, 02:36 PM

14,874 posts, read 37,176,295 times
LOL!!! I'm with you.

On the news the other night they were showing the tour and the thing starts and ends in the SOUVINER STORE! Granted, genius planning on JJ's part but I have no interest in visiting Jerry World any time soon.

Hmm, things Jerry Jones could do to make it a year round destination:
Put a roller coaster on top.
Put a monorail around the outer rim of it.
Put one of those needle rides on the top of it. You know the ones that you go up and then free fall down and then back up and then down again.
Open the top and have bungee jumping.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:10 PM

the Statue of Liberty with torch can stand on the 50 yrd line and not touch the roof

and I think the people of Arlington are in free fall over this

Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 PM

137 posts, read 468,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
our friend was shocked to hear that after shelling out so much more for the suite the owner still has to buy tickets for the guests to enter the stadium
Yeah...when I toured the Skydome in Toronto long time ago, the tour guide said the same thing, everyone was laughing. He explained, "although you pay for the suite, if Madonna comes to have a concert - you still need to pay her because she doesn't get paid from the stadium. Therefore the suite owner needs to get tickets, but it could be tickets at the lowest value."

Old 07-15-2009, 10:14 PM

137 posts, read 468,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Put one of those needle rides on the top of it. You know the ones that you go up and then free fall down and then back up and then down again.
These are awesome ideas! Perhaps they should have some official double decker buses/shuttles to the stadium during game day (finally).

Old 07-16-2009, 04:22 AM

anything that makes sense will never be considered

Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 AM

2,531 posts, read 5,451,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
LOL!!! I'm with you.

On the news the other night they were showing the tour and the thing starts and ends in the SOUVINER STORE! Granted, genius planning on JJ's part but I have no interest in visiting Jerry World any time soon.

LOL. I bet he got that idea of ending the tour in the Souvenir from the theme parks down in Orlando (I noticed this quite a bit at Universal Studios). It's amusing at first, annoying after you've seen it a lot.

I know that Jerry's World is a contentious issue with many, but I'm a Cowboys fan in a family full of Redskins fans. Ya'll don't know what I go through!

Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 AM

14,874 posts, read 37,176,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
LOL. I bet he got that idea of ending the tour in the Souvenir from the theme parks down in Orlando (I noticed this quite a bit at Universal Studios). It's amusing at first, annoying after you've seen it a lot.

I know that Jerry's World is a contentious issue with many, but I'm a Cowboys fan in a family full of Redskins fans. Ya'll don't know what I go through!
Did that not drive you CRAZY! Practically every single ride at the Disney parks ends in the souvenir store for THAT ride. As we would be exiting the rides my husband got into the habit of saying, just keep walking. The only one we spent any amount of time in was the Rockin Roller Coaster for Aerosmith (whom I am going to see this Sunday ).

I'm thinking the monorail system around the outside to transport people from one side of the stadium to the other would be KILLER! That would clear up a lot of pedistrian traffic in the concourse areas. Only 4 stops needed. One on each end and one on each side. He could even have a Cowboys Monorail Souviner shop. "Ride the Rails with the Cowboys".

Bungee Jumping BEFORE the games would be an awesome attraction. This would give people something to do that came early. Think about it.... they come early to avoid the traffic and wait in line to bungee jump. Then they have more time to look in the souviner shops and eat at Jerry World. I'd say a reservation system would be needed for this feature though.

A roller coaster on the roof like New York, New York and the Stratosphere in Vegas would be cool. Why not? You got Six Flags right there. Just continue it.

The double decker buses would be cool He should open up an RV park in one parking lot. People could tailgate all weekend and bring their golf carts just to run around the lot to check things out. Kind of like Buffett concerts .

Old 10-13-2009, 04:13 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,194,431 times
I went to the stadium for the U2 concert, what a big dissapointment.

The restrooms do not have:
Automatic soap
Automatic flush
Automatic paper towels
Automatic water
Occupied / Vacant slots on the bathroom doors

The isles do not have:
Lighted row numbers
Padded seats
Large enough font for the section numbers

The outside does not have:
Large potted plants or anything to take away from the "industria"l look

In inside does not have:
A restaurant! (duh)

What a mess - and for over a billion dollars no less. We were dissapointed, I was hoping for more from my hometown of Dallas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas