U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 7,645 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Mesquite from Illinois. Does anybody know anything about the Northridge Estates neighborhood ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 11:05 AM

869 posts, read 1,952,594 times
What do you want to know? My mother lives there (and has absolutely no desire to leave). My youngest sister purchased a house one street over from mom. I lived in that neighborhood for years.

It's an older neighborhood (houses built in the early to mid 50s).

Once again, without hearing exactly what you would like to know, it's kind of hard to give you an answer, unless you want me to go into everything I know, which would bore most people to tears.

Oh, and be ready to hear from a bunch of the posters about what a terrible place Mesquite is.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:27 PM

Question relocating

I want to know if it is a safe neighborhood for children. I don't want to see drug deals going down in front of my house ! I want to know about the schools in the area. Is the area clean and tidy? I have no desire to live around trash !!!!!!

Last edited by lwoods; 07-26-2009 at 07:39 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 11:14 PM

3,688 posts, read 7,692,013 times
I live in Mesquite but I am not familiar with Northridge Estates. I will give you some insights on the city itself. The city itself is a older burb. It is blue collar town for sure. Most of the homes in the city are older homes built in the 70's and 80's. The nicer areas will be in the Creek Crossing, Falcon Liar subdivisions. This area is located in the northeastern part of the city. There is also a nice area located roughly between Galloway and Beltline. I like this are best because it feeds into Poteet highschool which I feel is the best high school in the city. I'm sure Jeff can give you better information on Northridge Estates. Are to tied to this area or do you have options. What price range for a home are you looking at.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:18 PM

Yes.... I have to stay in Mesquite area. Thanks for the info !

Old 07-27-2009, 10:05 PM

3,688 posts, read 7,692,013 times
Are you saying you already have a place in Northridge Estates area or are you considering buying a home there. If so what is your budget.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM

109 posts, read 262,720 times
This gives some good info. about Northridge Estates.

http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...squite-TX.html

I live in another area of Mesquite. My assessment of Northridge Estates is that it is a diverse, quiet, working-class neighborhood. Most of the homes are older and I think the elementary school is Tisinger. You can also look at the school's data to get some insight into the community. Here is some info on Tisinger Elementary.

SchoolDataDirect - Tisinger Elementary, Texas Public School - Overview

Old 08-03-2009, 04:56 PM

869 posts, read 1,952,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwoods View Post
I want to know if it is a safe neighborhood for children. I don't want to see drug deals going down in front of my house ! I want to know about the schools in the area. Is the area clean and tidy? I have no desire to live around trash !!!!!!
Well, let's see what I can do for you.

Is it a safe neighborhood? My mom certainly thinks so. She's 60 years old and feels completely safe. I asked my sister and she says that they've had no problems either. I lived there off and on from 86 to 2000 and then spent 3 months at my mother's while my house was being remodeled in 2007. None of us have ever seen a drug deal going down. My sister has a 8 year old and 21 month old and she has no qualms letting them play outside. Neither of the houses have ever been broken into. I talked to both of mom's neighbors this weekend and the worst thing they could report was somebody throwing eggs at a car.

Schools in the area, like JP said, Tisinger is the school for the vast majority of the neighborhood (I think there is a tiny portion of Northridge Estates that is zoned to Hanby). Everybody is happy with the education that my nephew is getting. I've heard some horror stories about Wilkinson (the Middle School that the area feeds to) but I haven't had any direct experience with the school since my sister went there back in the mid 90s.

Clean and tidy? Well, that's going to depend on where you are. The parts that are still mainly owner-occupied are kept up pretty nicely, but some of the streets with more rent houses are kind of sketchy looking.

If you need anything else, feel free to send me a direct message. If I don't know the answer I'll certainly get with the people I know in the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas